Will Gil and Alvarez Be Gomi and Kid in UFC

Bobby Lupo thinks so.

Bobby Lupo thinks that both guys will come in with a ton of hype, but they spent their best days in bingo halls and San Jose fighting good, but not great comp.

Bobby Lupo thinks that they will have as much of an impact as Gomi and Yamamoto did. Eddie and Gil are slipping. When they come, the timimg will be all off and a Maynard or somebody like that will work them

Olive Garden Table For One - 

Bobby Lupo thinks so.

Bobby Lupo thinks that both guys will come in with a ton of hype, but they spent their best days in bingo halls and San Jose fighting good, but not great comp.

Bobby Lupo thinks that they will have as much of an impact as Gomi and Yamamoto did. Eddie and Gil are slipping. When they come, the timimg will be all off and a Maynard or somebody like that will work them

It seems to be the running theme of hyped individuals joining the UFC. So unless they can prove otherwise, I have to agree.

Neither of them pose a threat to Benson. Frankie and Aldo also beat both of them Phone Post

Absolutely not, KID and Gomi came into the UFC at a later stage into their careers - Gil and Alvarez are right in their violent, violent primes.

The hype is validated in this case - even if neither man were to ever hold a title they'll likely both challenge for one and will regardless add even more dynamism and excitement to the already most exciting division in the sport.

Chris Power - Absolutely not, KID and Gomi came into the UFC at a later stage into their careers - Gil and Alvarez are right in their violent, violent primes.

The hype is validated in this case - even if neither man were to ever hold a title they'll likely both challenge for one and will regardless add even more dynamism and excitement to the already most exciting division in the sport.

I agree Phone Post

nope. gomi and kid were well past their prime when they came to the ufc. gomi lost to golyeav (although shit decision imo), got tapped out in like 20 seconds by kitaoka and had a terrible fight against tony hervey. kid yama didnt fight in 2 and a half years, then lost to a joe warren and kanehara. Neither guy was at their peak or even close. Gil and eddie are on top of their games.

Lots of people sleeping on Gil these days. Can't wait to see him get into the mix.

Don't think either will be champ but they will be solid additions. That division has too many monsters. Phone Post

Neither will be title contenders but they will be good additions to the UFC lightweights

neither guy is top 5 after 3 fights in the UFC.

Olive Garden Table For One - 

Bobby Lupo thinks so.

Bobby Lupo needs to change his name back.

1800champagne - Neither of them pose a threat to Benson. Frankie and Aldo also beat both of them Phone Post

. Phone Post

I don't think either guy poses a threat to even J-Lau, Guida, Maynard or Pettis (Maybe). 2-3 years ago, it would have been major if they came over--maybe title implications. They've both looked very sus lately. I think both guys are 1 year out of their prime already.

wrong, neither are Azn ..... they have a hard time with jet lag

DoomFarmer - I think Alvarez has more to offer the division at this point.

Agreed. Phone Post

Think it would be a better comparison to shields and miller. Because Asians usually do bad in the states. Phone Post

Gil and Eddie are both top ten, and will be in the mix for quite a while. I'd rather they both get mid tier fighters for tune ups.

I am a firm believer in octagon jitters. And it will give Joe Silva a chance to see what they have vs a fighter that he is more familiar with. Phone Post

MMALOGIC -

neither guy is top 5 after 3 fights in the UFC.

Agree. They wont flop like gomi and kid but they wont be top guys Phone Post

1800champagne - Neither of them pose a threat to Benson. Frankie and Aldo also beat both of them Phone Post

Lol @ you being so sure Phone Post

I see Alvarez being more of a threat than Melendez, honestly. But neither of them are even close to being on the kind of decline that Gomi and KID(more so in his case) were on.

I still get sad when I think of how great it would have been if KID had come over 3 or 4 years previous, hadnt tried to make the Olympics, and had fought Faber who was champ at the time. What a battle that would have been. Phone Post