Will GSP Announce That.......

...He is vacating his WW title and moving up to fight Anderson Silva for the 185lbs. belt should he defeat Nick, paving the way for Rory (should he beat Condit) to fight the winner of Hendricks/Ellenberger for the WW Championship?????

Is it all a grand Tri-Star Plan?????????

It is possible Phone Post

You are much more likely to see Rory go to 185 than GSP. I would love to see GSP vs. Anderson but I don't think it is ever going to happen.

I think it would be crazy for Heorges to do this. It just sort of occured to me when the UFC announced all three of those major WW fights are going to be on the same card in Montreal.

Haulport - 

...He is vacating his WW title and moving up to fight Anderson Silva for the 185lbs. belt should he defeat Nick, paving the way for Rory (should he beat Condit) to fight the winner of Hendricks/Ellenberger for the WW Championship?????

Interesting...

although, i don't see him vacating the title, unless it was after he beat Silva (which i don't really see happening)....

Haulport - 

that's what Letibleu was saying in another thread.

From: Letibleu 37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile
Posted: 7 days ago
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up

GSP was on a French show a few weeks back (Toute Le Monde En Parle)and I was in attendance. I got to chit chat with him prior to the taping.

He was pretty clear on the following:

If Rory was to win his fight Saturday (which he did decisively), it was going to cement certain plans and set certain wheels in motion for GSP which I assume is why up to date he has been mum about the Anderson fight. It's not that he needed to think about it, he has just simply been waiting for the Rory BJ fight result.

Rory is one fight away from a title fight. Hell, by UFC contender math (which differs from normal MMA fan math) he could be thrown into a title shot immediately. GSP will under no circumstances fight Rory and Rory will not fight GSP. GSP knows it's Rory's time soon. GSP may defend his title one more time(DiazI assume)and then move on to the Anderson fight and stay at 185 or even retire. Regardless, he will vacate the belt which in turn will give Rory the go ahead to fight for the vacant title.

I have no idea what would happen if Rory was to lose his next fight or if Anderson was to decide to fuck the GSP fight.

I am curious how the community (aka; us)would react to the lack of decisive "passing of the guard" of the WW belt. Seems kinda anti climactic.

I imagine the same would happen to the middleweight belt and Anderson I assume if he went to 205.

32Hunter - 
Haulport - 

that's what Letibleu was saying in another thread.

From: Letibleu 37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile
Posted: 7 days ago
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up

GSP was on a French show a few weeks back (Toute Le Monde En Parle)and I was in attendance. I got to chit chat with him prior to the taping.

He was pretty clear on the following:

If Rory was to win his fight Saturday (which he did decisively), it was going to cement certain plans and set certain wheels in motion for GSP which I assume is why up to date he has been mum about the Anderson fight. It's not that he needed to think about it, he has just simply been waiting for the Rory BJ fight result.

Rory is one fight away from a title fight. Hell, by UFC contender math (which differs from normal MMA fan math) he could be thrown into a title shot immediately. GSP will under no circumstances fight Rory and Rory will not fight GSP. GSP knows it's Rory's time soon. GSP may defend his title one more time(DiazI assume)and then move on to the Anderson fight and stay at 185 or even retire. Regardless, he will vacate the belt which in turn will give Rory the go ahead to fight for the vacant title.

I have no idea what would happen if Rory was to lose his next fight or if Anderson was to decide to fuck the GSP fight.

I am curious how the community (aka; us)would react to the lack of decisive "passing of the guard" of the WW belt. Seems kinda anti climactic.

I imagine the same would happen to the middleweight belt and Anderson I assume if he went to 205.

I am a GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!