Will GSP be the same?

If everything goes accordingly and GSP makes his return on November 17, 2012 at UFC 153, will he be the same fighter he once was?

Injuries caused the champ to take a 19-month hiatus from fighting. I personally think he will beat Condit, but he will be dethroned shortly after.

What does the UG think?

I think he'll be a lot smarter about how he trains this time around, but boy has he got some company!

Hendricks
Ellenberger
Condit
Diaz
Kampmann
Rory (you never know)

GSP has got his work cut out for him that's for sure.

It'll be an interesting 12-18 months in the WW division.

Hope so.want tho se diaz vs gsp Phone Post

NO ! Phone Post

Probably not Phone Post

I'm sorry to say that as history has shown repeatedly, most athletes are never the same after the type of injury he sustained. The chances for him to re-injure his knee are very high, especially in a sport like MMA, I hope I'm wrong and he beats the odds but don't count on it. I'll be surprised if it doesn't play into his mental game also. Phone Post

semtex0809 - Hope so.want tho se diaz vs gsp Phone Post

I think GSP wins but what a great fight Phone Post

Gsp is not like most athletes, I think he will be fine. Phone Post

Let's make some more threads about this Phone Post

The part of the equation that makes it tougher is that coming off an injury you have to get right in there and fight the top challengers w/o a chance of getting the ring rust off against lesser competition like boxers have always done.

Cain came right off his surgery and had to fight JDS.I'm all for seeing the best guys fight but that is tough to do following severe injuries that require much total downtime in addition to months of very limited activity compared to their usual training schedule.

Gonna be tough for ole GSP,but he is a special athlete.

The part of the equation that makes it tougher is that coming off an injury you have to get right in there and fight the top challengers w/o a chance of getting the ring rust off against lesser competition like boxers have always done.

Cain came right off his surgery and had to fight JDS.I'm all for seeing the best guys fight but that is tough to do following severe injuries that require much total downtime in addition to months of very limited activity compared to their usual training schedule.

Excuse my excessive posts,stupid computer.