Will high tax liberal states lose electoral votes?

Will we see high tax liberal states losing electoral votes in the elections to come?

Will any states pick up enough population to increase their votes?

New York State for example is on the verg eof losing to congressional seats due to people moving out which would take the state from 29 to 27 votes.

Will this be a trend?

Will be more than offset by the people fleeing turning purple states blue

Autumn will be interesting

1 Like
ryunz - 

That is only if everyone is a liberal. My guess is that the conservatives lead the charge.

I wonder if it will hurt or help... people could be leaving one liberal state for another. 

leaving NY for NJ/CT is a lateral move in that reguard. 

plus they’ll continue to vote liberal and just erode conservative strongholds. 

1 Like
Zned - 
ryunz - 

That is only if everyone is a liberal. My guess is that the conservatives lead the charge.

I don't remember the exact number but it was overwhelmingly Republicans that were moving out of California to Texas.

clattymine -

I wonder if it will hurt or help... people could be leaving one liberal state for another. 

Ya they are like locusts. 

"ill flee my shithole for a better place, and then ill continue to vote blue" 

1 Like

districts will be redrawn where possible and expedient to whatever party has the localized power to do it. how that plays out will determine how the demographic changes effect elections.

Slap Johnson -
clattymine -

Ya they are like locusts. 

"ill flee my shithole for a better place, and then ill continue to vote blue" 

punches self in the face 

my nose hurts! 

does it again

what does my nose hurt!?

does it again

Its all someone else’s fault! 

2 Likes

This thread explains so much about why liberals are attacking Musk for PUBLICLY stating he’s leaving CA

1 Like
Peixes - 

districts will be redrawn where possible and expedient to whatever party has the localized power to do it. how that plays out will determine how the demographic changes effect elections.

They aren't going to change state borders.

New York will likely lose two votes, and becomes less influential in the election than Florida.

Where do votes get picked up if any?

We could end up with more swing states.

Nah they'll just gain them when they move to and fuck up texas and florida. 

Florida is supposed to pick up votes along with Texas, Michigan, and Colorado

Blue states like NY and CA are losing votes

Dems pushing these census NY commercials it wouldn’t surprise me to learn there’s fuckery afoot.

1 Like
Samoa - 
Zned - 
ryunz - 

I don't remember the exact number but it was overwhelmingly Republicans that were moving out of California to Texas.

conservative in CA is liberal in TX. Austin is over run by people from CA and it’s as liberl as city in the US

1 Like
Zned - 
Peixes - 

They aren't going to change state borders.

New York will likely lose two votes, and becomes less influential in the election than Florida.

Where do votes get picked up if any?

We could end up with more swing states.

you're absolutely right. i missed the point of the thread and was speaking toward state and local elections.

cruedi - 
Samoa - 
Zned - 
ryunz - 

conservative in CA is liberal in TX. Austin is over run by people from CA and it’s as liberl as city in the US

No, not the ones I know.  The guy who's house I bought in 2005 is a die hard Trumper.  My uncle and his whole family are conservative evangelicals.  My friend from high school owns  a business (pool installation) in Dallas, lifelong libertarian that votes Republican.  I have a bunch of friends and family that moved to Texas and Arizona and Nevada that are solid Red / right wing conservatives.  

The thought that people are conservative enough to flee California and then get to another state and have their conservative views somehow become lower rung is fallacious.

I live in California and recently was in Austin.  Downtown Austin is as big a shithole as parts of LA and San Fran; and yes, if you flee a blue state for its blue policies then continue to vote blue in your new state, you are indeed as asshat of the highest order.