Will Keenan win or lose this weekend?

Will all this drama/stress get to him? Or is he just out classed in this comp? Our will he continue to dominate? Will lloyd be in his corner? Phone Post

He recently said Keenan was going to brazil with a camera man who is filming the tv show stuff for Keenan. Lloyd is not in Brazil. I doubt the drama makes a difference in the event. Why would it? Keenan was already in brazil when news broke, I think the real changes take place when he returns to the US.

I would be amazed if he did well.

Even without the drama, he is going against top world class competitors- many much heavier than him and one belt higher too.

Now, with the rape charges- with two of his teammates that he lived with (and I presume were very good friends of his), and news of the rape acquittal of his teacher (from the 2000 incident) , I can only imagine that has to mess with his head some more.

In any case, I do with him the best. He seems like a good guy, and it would be a great story if he won the entire thing.

fwiw I remember in the first episode of the next world champ when keenan's roommate gets demoted to the basement, Keenan mentions Nick Schultz as the guy who might be taking his spot.

kying418 - I would be amazed if he did well.

Even without the drama, he is going against top world class competitors- many much heavier than him and one belt higher too.

Now, with the rape charges- with two of his teammates that he lived with (and I presume were very good friends of his), and news of the rape acquittal of his teacher (from the 2000 incident) , I can only imagine that has to mess with his head some more.

In any case, I do with him the best. He seems like a good guy, and it would be a great story if he won the entire thing.

Kind of what i was thinking Phone Post

Lol I like Keenan but he was losing this event looooong before the "news" broke. He's getting in a shark tank with no cage. Phone Post

He did very well against Cyborg so I wouldn't be surprised if he wins few matches. However I think the very best are still few steps ahead of him, at least Xande and Rodolfo.

No chance IMO

rodolfo beat braulio as a brown belt... i wouldnt be surprised if keenan beat xande or rodolfo

either way its gonna be fun to watch Phone Post

bmorela3 - rodolfo beat braulio as a brown belt... i wouldnt be surprised if keenan beat xande or rodolfo

either way its gonna be fun to watch Phone Post

No doubt Phone Post

Either way he will win or lose Phone Post

Isn't he up against Xande in the opening round?

I like the kid, but I wouldn't bet on him at that level just yet.

it's two brackets and round robin in each bracket isnt it?

the kid has nothing to lose, will be a great experience.

Anyone else notice how hard it is to find the website or stream for this event through google?

I've googled everything. Copa podio, copa podio 2013 stream. Nowhere does the website come up. The only thing that comes up are like the Gracie mag articles and other things that have the link in them. Pretty stupid of them, a lot of people are not even going to know there is a stream Phone Post

^ What? Are you joking? I google "copa podia" and the first thing that comes up is the official website. Or you can just go to www.copapodio.com

Pardon my ignorance but what exactly does the round robin tournament format mean

Hywel Teague - Interviewed him tonight, kid is cool as ice. The events of this past week haven't messed with his focus one bit. Phone Post

Did he have anything to say about any of it? Phone Post

Win or lose, it's impressive that he was invited to this event. These guys competing in this tournament are the best big men in the sport. They only top guys missing are Buchecha and Roger.

Do you think he may have been invited to stop the LI hype wagon..? It sounds cynical, but all this hype surrounding him does two things...

1. It could show that the hype is just that, and Keenan is still far behind the best. Perfect medium for it.

2. It is also a brilliant way for a Brazilian Competition to harness the American media generated by Lloyd.

If number 1 was the reason, then I think it may backfire because the gap won't be as large as many people think, in fact in certain situations Keenan will be incredibly dangerous. I think he has a high chance of winning some if his opponents take him lightly (I don't think they'll take him lightly). Phone Post

where can one watch this ?