Will Pride fail in US?

"Will Pride fail in US?"

Among other reasons, I don't think they'll be able to secure the neccessary tv deal(s) to survive in the USA market.

"You're truly fucking clueless aren't you, PrideGP1? Are the peasants going to trade rice and eggs for the PPV?"

You obviously know very little about modern China.

I would think they would go over big with the WWE and "Martial Artist" crowd actually because of the Spectacle Style of event they choose to put on.

Obviously they need to spend the money on TV first and foremost IMO, as that is really the outlet that got this whole "Ultimate Fighting" craze started.

I second that, Airspeed.

Everyone saying MMA is for rednecks and hillbillies can eat a dick.

And yes, Pride will fail in the US unless they make some changes.

1) They put all the good match-ups on their cards in Japan and give the US cards all the mismatches.

2) Americans have to seek out Pride events. They are not heavily advertised like the UFC.

3) Why not allow elbows? People like to see KO's and TKO's. allowing elbows will increase those numbers.

4) What they show on free american television SUCKS! Half the fights are old as dirt and they are all heavily edited.

5) Too many juicers. If multiple fighters continue to get caught and banned at each event they may not make it through the year.

"PRIDE's product is already dumbed down. Compared to the other MMA style organizations in Japan, PRIDE is like McDonald's."

That's what has ANNOYED me so much.. Top shelf properly organised and governed MMA in the form of Shooto goes by the wayside while the theatrical stylings of pride go down a treat... Very Gay, Very WWE, very American.

AND LOL@Trading rice for PPV's!!!!