Will Ruth Bader Ginsburg step down if Trump wins?

RBG is a tough old broad but time is a real bitch.  At this point she is 87 years old and if Trump wins in November she will be in her 90s by the time he leaves office. 

While I can’t see her stepping down, I’m thinking that health issues will force her to do so in the next 3 years or so. 

Do you see RBG stepping down and Trump getting another SCOTUS pick? If so, who does Trump appoint?

Also, should we really take a hard look at having SCOTUS picks having a term/age limit? No matter how sharp RBG is, having someone who is 90 hold one of the most important positions in the US is a little absurd, no?

Another example of why Judge for Life is a horrible idea.  The SC was never meant to be political, quite the opposite.

4 Likes

Washington DC needs an enema.

Trump, imo, has failed on his promise to drain the swamp. Then again, its an almost impossible task. 

4 Likes

no they will try to sqeeze 4 more years out of her

no way she steps down 

1 Like

It’s a crazy system when a 90 year old who can barely function (what 90 year old can) won’t quit a job she can’t do, because of who is president. 

1 Like

Hailed as a hero for being openly partisan in a non partisan position. I hope she steps down yesterday, but dead people have trouble making decisions.

2 Likes

She Will die on the bench

Never underestimate a bitter old bitch

2 Likes
Beninger - 

Never underestimate a bitter old bitch

LMAO

On the flip side…how much reeeee’ing would there be if Trump lost and she retired immediately

she wont retire. shell try to gut it out. and she could be in a coma and democrats would stall her replacement for 2024, if trump wins.

I'm not sure she will resign if Trump loses.  She definitely wont if he wins.

I'm suspecting she will die in the saddle.

Al Cappucino - 

Washington DC needs an enema.

Trump, imo, has failed on his promise to drain the swamp. Then again, its an almost impossible task. 

Yep! You can see that simply being POTUS doesn’t mean you can make much of a dent in rotten to the core cancerous politics.

Had he played along, he would be the greatest President ever and the machine (MSM, Big Tech, Hollywood) would all be behind him. He pointed out the reality of it being a swamp, said he would drain it and there you go…so they put the machine to work against him 24x7x365

she will not make it through Trump's second term.

She'll wait to see if he wins and then step down either way.

Principal Andy -

Weekend at Bader’s, IMO.

Was gonna say the same shit. Good chance there's a broomstick up her ass right now propping her up.

RockTheVote - 

she wont retire. shell try to gut it out. and she could be in a coma and democrats would stall her replacement for 2024, if trump wins.

This.

No.

She is cut from the same cloth as her old friend Scalia (RIP) and Clarence Thomas.

They are "for lifers" in the truest sense of the word, and intend to remain on the bench until their deaths.

A good argument for why there should be term limits, but it is what it is.

CavemanDave -

I'm the other side to this coin. I think she definitely will retire if he loses, and might retire even if he wins

Its a disgrace.

sicko - 
CavemanDave -

I'm the other side to this coin. I think she definitely will retire if he loses, and might retire even if he wins

She was going to retire if Hillary won. They were planning some giant Girl Power moment where RBG would retire, Hillary would replace her with a younger female libtard, and the glass ceiling would have shattered into a million rainbow-colored snowflakes.

Their plans fucking imploded, and now we’ve got a near-corpse holding a seat hostage.

1 Like