Will Shogun ever get another title shot?

Jon Jones beat him so badly for 3 rounds without Shogun landing a single significant strike that I can't imagine Shogun ever getting another title shot against Jones.

Or unless he "Sucks For Rebney" by losing his next couple of fights and gets cut and goes to Bellator.

He's still fairly young and arguably the #2 LHW in the world... So hell yes. He'll probably even be champ again. Phone Post

Shogun seems to be getting old. He's taken a ton of damage to his body over the years and I wouldn't be suprised if he's not around for too much longer.

Proteus The Invincible - Shogun seems to be getting old. He's taken a ton of damage to his body over the years and I wouldn't be suprised if he's not around for too much longer.

Yup...gone is the high-flying, high-speed brawler that he once was. He still has some of his speed, and he can still brawl with the best of them(as he proved in his fight with Hendo), but he seems to have lost a great deal of his explosiveness and unorthodox style. It's both sad and impressive....hes achieved such heights already, despite serious injuries, yet we may never see him reach his full potential.

I wish he would fight more often like he did in the first Machida fight. I feel as if he'd take much less damage that way, even if it is less exciting, and he'd prolong his career. And most guys probably aren't as durable as Machida and would wilt under the pressure he creates when he fights like that.

abonsabo - Jon Jones beat him so badly for 3 rounds without Shogun landing a single significant strike that I can't imagine Shogun ever getting another title shot against Jones.

Thing is. Jones beat the same shogun that Forrest beat....an out of shape ring rusted coming off surgery shogun. How did lyoto do when shogun was healthy? Hell how did forest do? And shogun looked greT against Hendo. IMO shogun healthy would give jones all he could handle in a rematch Phone Post

I don't think the Hendo fight set him back too far and he probably would have gotten another title shot had he won.

absoluteidiot - He's still fairly young and arguably the #2 LHW in the world... So hell yes. He'll probably even be champ again. Phone Post

Lmfao! #2? Even after the hendo fight? C'mon let's be serious now. Phone Post

I hope he never gets in the cage with Jones again...I would seriously fear for Shogun's health

Yes, even without a long winning streak, Shogun will at least be in the right place at the right time to get a title shot from a couple wins again at some point.

Tough call, hes young but his body is catching up to his beatings

You have: Machida, Hendo, Evans-Davis all inline

Dana said Hendo-Shogun was a draw...so who knows maybe two more impressive wins and hes there Phone Post