Will someone please explain how Kenflo Deserves

Will someone please explain to me how Florian deserves a title shot after having only one fight/win at 145 in his entire life, and coming off a loss before the nunes fight, and never having been a champion in any of the weight classes that he has competed in, ever?

I'm sorry I'm just not seeing the logic here

I agree. He should at least have another few fights at 145 before getting a shot. Getting a shot right away and losing would put him right back in the same spot he always finds himself. He has moved through how many weight classes already because he can't beat the top guys.

Chad Mendes should get the title shot and Florian needs at least 2 more FW wins to even be considered IMO Phone Post

C'mon guys, do you need to see him steamroll two guys in order to get a title shot? The FW division isn't that deep.

Because he is popular

he is a high profile fighter very successful at lightweight beat a top 5 fw with ease last night

tell me how he doesn't deserve a title shot.

perhaps him and Mark Hominick need to fight.

cool. great to see that it's because he is so "popular" and because of marketing, and not because he truly deserves it. I'm all for marketing, but florian going from one weight class to another to another in hopes of somehow getting an sudden title shot and becoming champion is ridiculous. good for marketing, bad for the sport. I'd love to see Clay guida drop to 145 and get a sudden title shot too.

caliphornia - Will someone please explain to me how Florian deserves a title shot after having only one fight/win at 145 in his entire life, and coming off a loss before the nunes fight, and never having been a champion in any of the weight classes that he has competed in, ever?

Did you feel the same about BJ getting a title shot against Hughes without ANY wins at 170 in his entire life and failing to win a championship on either of the two occasions he fought for one? How about a title shot against GSP having gone 1-2 at 170 including a loss to GSP and a stoppage loss to the only guy he had ever beaten at that weight (Hughes)?

kenny is 35 and nearing his sell by date... mendes is 26 and has his prime ahead of him....

they have to either shit of get off the pot in short order where Kenny is concerned, that and his TUF 1 pedigree will move him to the front of the line....

robnashville - kenny is 35 and nearing his sell by date... mendes is 26 and has his prime ahead of him....

they have to either shit of get off the pot in short order where Kenny is concerned, that and his TUF 1 pedigree will move him to the front of the line....

TUF 1 pedigree? HOLY LOLLLLLLL

He doesn't deserve a title shot, plain and simple. But when has Zuffa ever let something silly like divisional rankings get in the way of a marketable fight? Lesnar got a title shot when he was 1-1 in the UFC. Penn got a shot at Hughes with no WW wins. He also got a shot at GSP's belt with no big wins at WW. This is business as usual for the UFC.

Florian moving down to 145 is great for them and I'm sure they encouraged the move. They need marketable Featherweight contenders. Who do they have right now to fight Aldo? Chad Mendes? What about after him? Hioki has stated that if he signs with the UFC he doesnt even want a title shot immediately. The featherweight division is so unproven right now that when lightweights with any type of name move down, they automatically have a headstart on the rest of the division. Sad but thats how it is

caposa - He doesn't deserve a title shot, plain and simple. But when has Zuffa ever let something silly like divisional rankings get in the way of a marketable fight? Lesnar got a title shot when he was 1-1 in the UFC. Penn got a shot at Hughes with no WW wins. He also got a shot at GSP's belt with no big wins at WW. This is business as usual for the UFC.

Florian moving down to 145 is great for them and I'm sure they encouraged the move. They need marketable Featherweight contenders. Who do they have right now to fight Aldo? Chad Mendes? What about after him? Hioki has stated that if he signs with the UFC he doesnt even want a title shot immediately. The featherweight division is so unproven right now that when lightweights with any type of name move down, they automatically have a headstart on the rest of the division. Sad but thats how it is

This^ and also nunes dropped Kenflo twice, Aldo will knock him out.

I'd love to see Jose Aldo hack at Ken-flo's legs, then KTFO Kenny. So let him have a quick title fight.

orcus - 
caliphornia - Will someone please explain to me how Florian deserves a title shot after having only one fight/win at 145 in his entire life, and coming off a loss before the nunes fight, and never having been a champion in any of the weight classes that he has competed in, ever?

Did you feel the same about BJ getting a title shot against Hughes without ANY wins at 170 in his entire life and failing to win a championship on either of the two occasions he fought for one? How about a title shot against GSP having gone 1-2 at 170 including a loss to GSP and a stoppage loss to the only guy he had ever beaten at that weight (Hughes)?

Your logic will not be appreciated on this thread (prediction).

jjd - I'd love to see Jose Aldo hack at Ken-flo's legs, then KTFO Kenny. So let him have a quick title fight.

Kenny knows how to check a leg kick.

I would rather someone explain how he is able to elbow people in the back of the head every fight

FenceGrab - I would rather someone explain how he is able to elbow people in the back of the head every fight

Because what you think is the back of the head is actually the top.

He doesn't deserve it Bt Idc, Aldo will destroy him. And I want to watch that. Phone Post