Will someone please explain how Kenflo Deserves

Who else would you guys rather see against Aldo? 

Body Shots - Chad Mendes should get the title shot and Florian needs at least 2 more FW wins to even be considered IMO
WTF has Mendes done at 145 besides lay and sweat on fighters who were better than him? His only recent win that didn't involved humping a man's leg for 15 mins was against Omigawa.

Seriously, I have no fucking clue how a guy can train with Faber & Benevidez and be such a boring LnP fucker......??????

Bat21 - 
orcus - 
caliphornia - Will someone please explain to me how Florian deserves a title shot after having only one fight/win at 145 in his entire life, and coming off a loss before the nunes fight, and never having been a champion in any of the weight classes that he has competed in, ever?

Did you feel the same about BJ getting a title shot against Hughes without ANY wins at 170 in his entire life and failing to win a championship on either of the two occasions he fought for one? How about a title shot against GSP having gone 1-2 at 170 including a loss to GSP and a stoppage loss to the only guy he had ever beaten at that weight (Hughes)?

Your logic will not be appreciated on this thread (prediction).

As I recall it...
UFC gave BJ a shot at Hughes cause they wanted to embarrass him...It was his last fight and he had expressed leaving the UFC....Though the shit backfired and BJ embarrassed Hughes and the UFC and walked away. After that the UFC stated you get an extension should you be a title holder.

that justified him getting the rematch with hughes.
that justified him getting the 1st fight with gsp.
the crowd got jedi mind tricked as well as gsp when bj asked him for a title shot...

TTT Phone Post

Just gives Mendes more time to get better. He will beat the winner regardless. Phone Post

For you kenflow haters out there, he deserves a title shot. He has the marketability and the experience and certainly the skills to stand infront of aldo. Since when isnt fighting about putting on a good show? And kenflow has been doing nothing but that. Phone Post

Kenny is a company man who plays the game.

Dana likes him and wants him to have a belt

not hard to figure out

I think there is a formula for title fights that is pretty in depth.

They look at all kinds of factors. Kenny's biggest asset in the formula was the amount of twitter followers he currently has. This plus his media exposure sealed the deal.

why eliminate potential match ups at FW. Kenny should get a shot

He is a better title contender than Outlaw was or Diaz will be

Ummm are you new to the sport. Doesn't matter who or who doesn't deserve the shot it's about how big of a fight they can make. Florian is a well known fighter and it's a fight they can build a ton of hype on. Phone Post

Give Kenny his undeserving shot. Because when he gets brutally beaten down, it will be proof that he wasn't deserving at all. Kenny needs to establish himself in this division and climb his way up first like everyone else. There are other more deserving featherweights than him. And when he loses, he will put himself in the se exact position that he was in at LW Phone Post

caliphornia - Will someone please explain to me how Florian deserves a title shot after having only one fight/win at 145 in his entire life, and coming off a loss before the nunes fight, and never having been a champion in any of the weight classes that he has competed in, ever?

Dana White gave up all illusion of rankings in mid 2008 when he announced Randy vs Brock (1-1 in UFC) for the heavyweight title and said at the press conference that the great thing about the UFC is 'we can make the fights people want to see'

There are no real rankings. Popularity is more important.
Boring fighters with long win streaks only receive title shots when the UFC has no other options.

They are an entertainment show.

Who else ha a chance at Aldo? Nobody. I want to see this fight. It's a good matchup. I don't care if Kenny didn't have to beat a couple FW's that weren't as good as him. Phone Post

Because, in the eyes of the casual fan who didn't watch the WEC, Florian lends the belt legitimacy. He's a well known, proven fighter. If he wins, the casuals recognize the 145 belt as legit. If Aldo wins, they recognize him as legit. Plus he was on TUF. Phone Post

he didnt earn the originnal shot for the belt with sherk either

He doesn't deserve it.  He's a "name" that Dana wants to see Aldo steamroll to build the resume -

caliphornia -  Give Kenny his undeserving shot. Because when he gets brutally beaten down, it will be proof that he wasn't deserving at all. Kenny needs to establish himself in this division and climb his way up first like everyone else. There are other more deserving featherweights than him. And when he loses, he will put himself in the se exact position that he was in at LW Phone Post
Other more deserving guys than, for example, the 1-2 at 170 BJ was when he got a title shot against GSP, who had already beaten him?

I mean honestly the only other fighter at 145 that's in contention is mendes. The Kenny hate is getting pretty ridiculous. Phone Post

^ But Mendes is 10-0 at FW, 5-0 under ZUFFA, it seems he's the obvious choice of the two Phone Post

Mendes is certainly not the obvious choice when Kenny just beat him.