Will the NBA let a white person....

Buy the fucking clippers.

It's obviously a profitable team, especially with the roster they have, and possibly being a top 5 team in the league for the next few seasons at least.

But every story i've heard about potential buyers.... Rappers, Oprah, Magic Johnson.

Where those rich white boys at that rode the pine on their high school squad?

I would think there would be somebody who could outbid them rather easily, maybe an international buyer like the owner of the Nets, or somebody from Asia.

Does nobody want to touch the team due to the scandal?

No chance in hell.

Hey now I heard Frankie Muniz and all 40 million of his net worth were interested in buying the team. Phone Post 3.0

A black person potentially buying the clippers is obviously a much better story for the media to run. I'm sure there are rich white people looking at it but it's just a better story for views which makes money to talk about black people buying the team

Pancake Syrup Ali - 

A black person potentially buying the clippers is obviously a much better story for the media to run. I'm sure there are rich white people looking at it but it's just a better story for views which makes money to talk about black people buying the team

Yeah i guess this is true.

So there have been other races put their name in the hat?

Who decides who to sell to, is it Donny boy, or Adam Silver?

Does it go to the highest bidder, or Oprahs ugly mug.

Well if Sterling gets to pick it'll obviously be the highest bidder, maybe even the highest bidder who's white just to give the NBA a last big FU. If it's Silver you'll obviously still have to pay a lot but i think he'll pick who fits the best

We'll see if the free market once again pisses off people...who love the free market. I for sure will have popcorn this time after realizing that people who love the free market actually hate it when things dont go their way.

Its not up to silver or sterling who ultimately gets to buy.....the other owners have to vote for whoever sterling wants to sell to.

Who gives a shit what color the persons skin is who buys the team??? It's a business decision. Why does everything have to be based on race and color? Why is this a story and why does everybody care?

Racism is being perpetuated more today than it ever has been. It's truly sad that the color of a persons skin may decide the successful bidder of 100's of millions of dollars.... Or anything else for that matter. Phone Post

WARRIOR POET -

thanks god i stopped watching this asshole sport played by assholes about 20 years ago

Thanks god for your opinion on a sport you haven't watched in 20 years Phone Post 3.0

You are confusing what gets news stories clicks versus what the nba truly wants.

The billionaire hedge fund manager who wants to buy the team doesn't generate traffic for a story as much as a celebrity does. And because of the circumstances surrounding the possible sale of course the stories will focus more on black celebrities since they took more interest in this team than previously sold teams.

The nba no matter how progressive they want to be or look will risk a profitable team by just giving it to a celebrity with no plan just to appease a group. Phone Post

King Mo fan - 
WARRIOR POET -

thanks god i stopped watching this asshole sport played by assholes about 20 years ago

Thanks god for your opinion on a sport you haven't watched in 20 years Phone Post 3.0

thanks god I don't cruise the OG posting in threads on topics I supposedly pay no attention to.

wouldnt there be a possible conflict of interest then???

lets just say

possible minority owner puts in $700mil bid

possible white owner puts in $1bil bid

I mean if I was forced to sell, I sure as shit wouldnt care what color the guy was, I 'd be all overthe highest bidder

might not bethe case here

Isaac298 - We'll see if the free market once again pisses off people...who love the free market. I for sure will have popcorn this time after realizing that people who love the free market actually hate it when things dont go their way.

You are assuming the free market is at work here. It's not.

Mark Phone Post 3.0

sparkyman - 

Who gives a shit what color the persons skin is who buys the team??? It's a business decision. Why does everything have to be based on race and color? Why is this a story and why does everybody care?

Racism is being perpetuated more today than it ever has been. It's truly sad that the color of a persons skin may decide the successful bidder of 100's of millions of dollars.... Or anything else for that matter. Phone Post

Is that not the point.

I was just wondering why the only people whose names i have heard so far have been Oprah, Magic Johnson, and P Diddy.

3 Sided Square - You are confusing what gets news stories clicks versus what the nba truly wants.

The billionaire hedge fund manager who wants to buy the team doesn't generate traffic for a story as much as a celebrity does. And because of the circumstances surrounding the possible sale of course the stories will focus more on black celebrities since they took more interest in this team than previously sold teams.

The nba no matter how progressive they want to be or look will risk a profitable team by just giving it to a celebrity with no plan just to appease a group. Phone Post
You are giving the nba way too much credit. I'm sure Silver has Jackson and Sharpton in his ear, demanding a minority owner. Phone Post 3.0

Mark1 - 
Isaac298 - We'll see if the free market once again pisses off people...who love the free market. I for sure will have popcorn this time after realizing that people who love the free market actually hate it when things dont go their way.

You are assuming the free market is at work here. It's not.

Mark Phone Post 3.0

No clue why Isaac would assume the free market would benefit a black buyer in any way. Heh.

Pancake Syrup Ali -

There are very few black people that have the resources to buy the team, plain and simple. If anything, they might be the token minority shareholder in a larger group of investors.

It'll be magic Johnson with a 10% stake while the remaining 90% will be a Russian oligarch, an Arab investment trust (aka a Saudi or UAE royal) and/or a legit US billionaire. But make no mistake, Magic will be presented to the public as the buyer of the team.

Similar to Jay Z owning the Nets.

Mark Phone Post 3.0

beerbelly -
3 Sided Square - You are confusing what gets news stories clicks versus what the nba truly wants.

You are giving the nba way too much credit. I'm sure Silver has Jackson and Sharpton in his ear, demanding a minority owner. Phone Post 3.0

The only reason sterling is out is because it was on tape. Everyone here has known for years how he feels. People in the nba probably knew even more. They kept him an owner.

All they need to do is claim they really dug into the new owners background. Even easier if an "investment group" buys it then assigns the real owner as the CEO/president. And move on. Phone Post

beerbelly -

Don't be surprised if the NAACP ends up with a seat on the NBA Board of Governors after all the dust settles.

Mark Phone Post 3.0