Will UFC abolish the flyweight division

With Demetrious going to ONE and Cejudo in talks about a bantam weight title fight. Could we see the UFC letting go of the division entirely?

Yes. I think that is the plan. 

The division was dead when Uncle Creepy didn’t win the inaugural title.

They should only have Men’s divisions from 145 to Heavyweight.

6 divisions, without 500 fighters and main events with people who should be on the prelims.

145 155 165 175 185 200 OPEN WEIGHT

floofy - 145 155 165 175 185 200 OPEN WEIGHT

135 is a really interesting division though.

Let's hope so. 135 should probably be dropped as well but I won't be mad if they keep it.

Where are all the DJ/flyweight whiteknights???

Those guy's are my favorite. 

hopefully

Jones right nostril - The division was dead when Uncle Creepy didn't win the inaugural title.

Uncle Creepy was a turd.  

Wee Tod Did -
Jones right nostril - The division was dead when Uncle Creepy didn't win the inaugural title.

Uncle Creepy was a turd.  

Shut your whore mouth.

ThunderlipsTapped - 

Where are all the DJ/flyweight whiteknights???

Those guy's are my favorite. 

I’m your huckleberry.

WME-IMG’s treatment of the flyweight division has been a disgrace. DJ/Cejudo III should have been a no-brainer.

125 current rankings (will change this week, probably):

• Champ - Henry Cejudo - Has finished only 1 guy in 9 UFC fights. The last guy he finished before signing with UFC was a guy named Miguelito Marti in 2013. (Miguelito Marti has a record of 1-38 and has been finished in 36 of those losses. *I am not making that up.* )
  • #1 - Mighty Mouse - Now gone from UFC. That means the new #1 will likely be:
  • #2 - Jussier Formiga - Last seen riding the back of Sergio Pettis - while Pettis remained standing! - for about an hour or so at UFC 229.
  • #3 - Sergio Pettis - His streak of 12 UFC fights without ever finishing anyone might be a record (even if you count women). He was finished in 2 of them, so there's that, I guess.
  • #4 - Joseph Benavidez - 15 fights in the UFC, 2 post fight bonuses, last win by finish was 4 years ago.
  • #5 - Ray Borg - Hasn't fought in a year. Last fight was a title shot against MM. Not sure how he got the title shot. Maybe because he was the only guy in the top 10 MM hadn't beaten already.
  • # 6 - Deiveson Figueiredo - I shit you not, I saw his name and couldn't for the life of me recall ever hearing of him. He has actually finished 3 of his 4 UFC opponents.

135 is one of the best divisions.  Only lw and ww are as deep. 

Wee Tod Did -

Uncle Creepy was a turd.  

Nobody knew it at the time. 

The fact that that first fight didn’t go to a 4th round robbed the division of a good start too. Whole thing was a joke after that.

I don't think Cejudo is going to beat TJ so that might be a problem. Im sure he doesn't want to give away his belt if he only has one. But could the UFC force it and just take it from him? I guess they could

yup.

125 is just not good for the UFC brand.  They're too small And they dont look the part for cage fighting.

Hopefully