Will we ever have another Saku?

Will we ever have another fighter who truly follows through with the promise of anyone, anytime, anywhere, any weight and any rules? Or was Saku once in a lifetime? Phone Post 3.0

Having read his book, and seeing him talk about how he sees his position as a provider of entertainment to a paying customer, and doing everything he can to make their time watching him as special as possible, probably not. One of a kind in every sense.

Frankie Edgar is a Better version of saku Phone Post 3.0

The Little Axe Murderer - Frankie Edgar is a Better version of saku Phone Post 3.0

Whoa there...I'm a huge Frankie fan. But...no. Frankie himself would never even claim this.

Probably McGregor is as close as you'll get

dives for cover

The Little Axe Murderer - Frankie Edgar is a Better version of saku Phone Post 3.0
Can you just please find your way to the door? Phone Post 3.0

Never again :( Phone Post 3.0

Gu31232 -
The Little Axe Murderer - Frankie Edgar is a Better version of saku Phone Post 3.0
Can you just please find your way to the door? Phone Post 3.0
And then let it hit you in the ass as you walk out Phone Post 3.0

Call your ISP and please cancel the internet. Phone Post 3.0

Conor is our best hope at Saku 2.0. Don't kill me Phone Post 3.0

CurtisTheConqueror - Conor is our best hope at Saku 2.0. Don't kill me Phone Post 3.0

BJ Penn comparisons are far less insane.

No. He's completely unique. Phone Post 3.0

pud12 -
CurtisTheConqueror - Conor is our best hope at Saku 2.0. Don't kill me Phone Post 3.0

BJ Penn comparisons are far less insane.
Came here to say bj penn Phone Post 3.0

Saku has the best single leg in the history of MMA.

He consistently fought up in weight.

He fought fellow all-time greats in their primes.

And he did all this while being one of the best entertainers in the business. Very few can even come close to his ring presence--off the top of my head, only Anderson Silva, Genki Sudo, and BJ Penn come close.

Dude Phone Post 3.0

Too much regulation and Pride is dead so if say likely not.

May see a like minded fighter but with the inability to fully Saku. Phone Post 3.0

Saku had an extremely entertaining style but also a different relationship with the promoter and fans from most UFC fighters. He was a star win or lose, there was no fear of losing money or being cut for a loss. Phone Post 3.0

You mean that Japanese Pride fighter who has massive brain damage and probably lose his mind in the next 5-10 years?

I hope we don't see that again.

pegz - You mean that Japanese Pride fighter who has massive brain damage and probably lose his mind in the next 5-10 years?

I hope we don't see that again.
Sad but true Phone Post 3.0

"Never go full Saku"