Will we ever see Kawajiri vs Aoki?

I think this is a great fight and outside of a Hansen rematch this is the fight I'd most like to see Aoki in next. I think Kawajiri takes this.

Yeah KJ may be too much for Aoki, but you never know with Aoki. He might pull off a crazy sub out of his butt.

NoPlacebo - I think this is a great fight and outside of a Hansen rematch this is the fight I'd most like to see Aoki in next. I think Kawajiri takes this.

I'd like to see him fight BJ Penn more then Hansen or Kawajiri .

I'm talking about realistic fights though. BJ Penn is not likely to happen.

Not if Aoki has any say in the matter. Kawajiri would crush him.

i'll say yes

Crusher by domination.

crusher gives him a new ass hole.

Aoki would beat Kawa's ASS.....

Diaz4Life - Crusher by domination.

I hope so

Speaking of Kawajiri, where the hell is Gomi these days?

Aoki again being vastly underated.

I mean, Kawajiri's ground grappling is quite underated himself. Everyone always thinks of him as the power japafighter but he is an excellent passer.

Still, he hasnt been in a guard like Aoki's. Aoki has already faced JZ who has a similar build to Kawajiri and is just as powerful and skilled. Alvarez may hit hardest but was of course tapped.

It would be a good match for sure, sick match but i dont think either guy would be a huge fav.

namnk - Speaking of Kawajiri, where the hell is Gomi these days?

gonna fight in the next affliction i think

NoPlacebo - I'm talking about realistic fights though. BJ Penn is not likely to happen.

It is if the ufc can push it's way into Japan like they say they are gonna do : )  But honestly your right.  So I'll agree with you, outside of Hensen I'd like to see that fight ( with Kawajiri)

DON'T WORRY ABOUT WHAT WE NEED TO SEE.

EKPOGI - 
namnk - Speaking of Kawajiri, where the hell is Gomi these days?

gonna fight in the next affliction i think
He fights Rafaello Tractor in less than 2 weeks.

KJ's done a good job of rebounding from a career that looked to be headed down the same path as Gomi. Granted the recent K1 thing with Masato wasn't overly successful, but I don't think it really takes much away from his MMA career.

Kawajiri did ok against Masato. Showed his toughness and power against one of K1's best. He's going to be tough for anyone to box in the LW division. He lost to Alvarez but he hurt and dropped Alvarez as well. His fight with Melendez could have gone either way.

Wasa-B - Kawajiri did ok against Masato. Showed his toughness and power against one of K1's best. He's going to be tough for anyone to box in the LW division. He lost to Alvarez but he hurt and dropped Alvarez as well. His fight with Melendez could have gone either way.

Wasa-B is correct. Even though KJ lost, I thought he did well against Masato. Of course, he was going to lose against Masato in K-1 match, but he showed his heart and toughness in that fight. You could see that even though he was getting outstruck, his will would not let him go down that easily. KJ is a tough SOB. Would love to see him vs. Edgar or Diego.

^ Aside from maybe BJ, i think Kawajiri has the boxing and wrestling to give any UFC LW trouble. His passing and ground skills are quite underated too.

Yeah, Kawajiri vs Edgar or Diego would be good.