Will we ever view real ancient historical events?

I (really) want to see the real events of ancient history, in HD on a TV screen. Will this ever happen in our lifetime? Is it even possible? Who wouldn't want to see the exact Battle of Cannae or Salamis or the Seige of Tyr? Probably a faggot.

Possible ways I've thought of are:

- Make a time machine and get someone to go back and video tape it.. 

- Travel 2000 light years (or whatever) away from earth and then view it through some type of super duper telescope and then put the photon data into a quantum computer to simulate the exact events. But this type of wormhole travel won't happen for a long ass time.

Both also seem a bit far fetched but I think it might be possible to get a super advanced AI to simulate the events so it pretty much looks real - the question is - will it produce footage of the exact events that happened?

Theres some balls out amazing spectacles that happened a long time ago that need to be seen to be believed! God damn it please be a way for this to happen.

- Travel 2000 light years (or whatever) away from earth and then view it through some type of super duper telescope and then put the photon data into a quantum computer to simulate the exact events. But this type of wormhole travel won't happen for a long ass time.

This is an interesting idea, but I'm guessing that at that range, the photons reflected from Alexander the Great's helmet would be so dispersed that it would be impossible to reconstruct an image.

Yeah the technology to do that would have to be extremely advanced (way past our lifetime) and even then, as you are suggesting, half of the data would probably be lost due to earth's atmopshere. 

I think AI might be the key to unlocking real footage of ancient history.

Maybe they will be able to tune into past events one day and watch them live. Like a time travelling TV drone that can send it's signal through time. 

Redneck -

Maybe they will be able to tune into past events one day and watch them live. Like a time travelling TV drone that can send it's signal through time. 

I think you missed the point of what I'm saying.. "tune into past events" "watch them live" "TV drone" sounds like you're talking about some TV station broadcasting the footage. "Maybe they" who is they? Are you talking about me, considering I'm asking the question?

I know I said "TV screen" but it could be anything.. an IMAX screen or computer monitor or any type of device with a screen. Sending a TV signal through time sounds way too hard.

Thanks for your input Redneck.

"- Make a time machine and get someone to go back and video tape it.. "

Yeah, I can see why your 1990's version of what I'm suggesting is completely different.

WTF is video tape?

Thanks for wasting my time Sputnik.

It is already possible but the technology is kept from the public to prevent mass hysteria when they realize that there is no past.

Redneck -

"- Make a time machine and get someone to go back and video tape it.. "

Yeah, I can see why your 1990's version of what I'm suggesting is completely different.

WTF is video tape?

Thanks for wasting my time Sputnik.

I was catering to your dumb ass when I typed that

I remember the first time I smoked weed too.

Soup Nazi -

It is already possible but the technology is kept from the public to prevent mass hysteria when they realize that there is no past.

You're possibly right due to Redneck's calculations.. no past on a flat Earth..

Masakyst -

I remember the first time I smoked weed too.

Do you remember the last time you were an idiot? probably not..

you're viewing real ancient historical events right now

people from thousands of years in the future will want to see the shit that you live every day....you're already viewing their ancient events

edwims - you're viewing real ancient historical events right now

people from thousands of years in the future will want to see the shit that you live every day....you're already viewing their ancient events

yeah but who wants to watch someone posting on the OG? or bombs being dropped on innocent civilians? get real buddy..

Ancient history >> all

Giga?

Bam57Bam -

Giga?

Fag?

I'd rather watch the antient women known for their beauty....(like Helen of Troy) masturbate.

Cleopatra etc.

The simple answer is yes.

those civlians didn't get a bomb dropped on em, so stfu

Savage Fappin' -

I'd rather watch the antient women known for their beauty....(like Helen of Troy) masturbate.

Cleopatra etc.

that's fantastic

SpartaKick -
Bam57Bam -

Giga?

Fag?

I can tell you with 100% accuracy that giga is NOT a phag.