Will we see the undercards now???

Ok with the UFC PPV price going up to $40 a pop and the UFC being on every month, that is close to $500 a year loyal fans are paying to see and support the UFC. And that is assuming prices don't go up again!!!

Seriosuly I think that if fans are willing to pay $40 a show we should get more then 5 fights and a lot of filler/fluff.

You guys think that they will start showing more fights due to the PPV price raise? Or just stick it in a little deeper to the loyal fans?

So Dana White...DEAL...dramatic pause...or NO DEAL? ;)

I don't know I really think its fucked up how they keep raising the price, but not increasing the quality or quantity of fights. Kinda sucks. :(

Gotta start getting more bang for the buck imo...

Dude, the price of the PPV has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with what undercard fights they show. You will see the same 5-7 fights as always. If they could show every single fight they would, but there are time constraints. The better untelevised undercard fights have started showing up on UFC Unleashed anyway.

Dougie is correct IMO. I mean cmon now, 5 fights and a lot of previews for the next UFC should not cost $40!!!!!!!!!

actually, i think you will see less. they need to make room for their new up and coming infomercials.

" Dougie is correct IMO. I mean cmon now, 5 fights and a lot of previews for the next UFC should not cost $40!!!!!!!!!"

Dude, they already raised the price from $30 to $35 back at UFC 52. Did you see any difference then? No. So what makes you think there will be a difference now?

Yes, it's fairly lame that we're getting ANOTHER price increase only like a year after the first one, but televising undercard bouts has absolutely nothing to do with it. 80% of the audience probably doesn't even know who the undercard fighters are.

Well lets think about it, say the average UFC fight is 3 five minute rounds (15min) if you add in 5 minutes for entrance, ring announcments, and time between rounds you get 20 minutes per fight. Assuming all fights go the distance, withing a 3 hour PPV you could show 8-9 fights. Now realistically most fights don't get out of the 1st or second round so there should be no excuse why they can not show all the fights on a 10 fight card!!!!!

Seriously I think they should really emphasize trying to show more fights if they are going to continue to raise the price.

a) Your "5 minutes for entrance and blah blah" estimate is complete junk.

b) It's a live show, you can't start the ring entrances for the next fight as soon as the last one is finished. Pride usually fits 8 fights in a show and they have the luxury of editing out most of the pre and post fight stuff.

c) Are you late a lot?

LOL, actually I am late alot, but thats besides the point. :)

Dude even if we say its 25 minutes for a complete fight from start to finish, you can still fit 7 fights in. And thats assuming every fight goes the distance, which most don't.

All I'm saying is if there is extra time on the PPV don't fill it with junk, stick in a prelim or two to justify shelling out $40 every event.

"Dude even if we say its 25 minutes for a complete fight from start to finish"

Well, that depends. I mean, what are you counting in that 25 minutes? The fight itself is 17 minutes long including the 1-minute round breaks. Then you have a few minutes to get and read the scorecards. You have to allocate a few minutes for post-fight interviews. You have to account for the clearing of the octagon for the next fight. You also have to consider a few minutes for the ringwalks and a few more minutes for the recorded pre-fight interviews. All told, a 3-rounder that goes the distance probably takes up about 30-35 minutes of PPV time. A 5-rounder takes more like 45 minutes. So yes, if every fight goes the distance, they really only have time for 5 fights, and not even that if there are multiple 5-rounders. This was evidenced by UFC 33, which had 3 5-rounders and 2 3-rounders go the distance, and probably would have required around 3:15-3:30 of PPV time to fit into comfortably.

Even with all their editing prowess, I doubt Pride could fit more than 6 fights into 3 hours if they all went the 20-minute distance.

Can your not helping my cause here LOL. Like I said, the only thing that pisses me off is that they keep raising the price, and it seems that if there is extra time on the PPV, they'd rather cut it short or bullshit for 30 minutes as opposed to showing a prelim. Which sucks the big one IMO.

I think it has a lot to do with the UFC being almost a monopoly in the US. They can keep raising the price and people will keep paying it as there is no alternative. However I rememebr Dana saying something about the UFC making it to HBO soon or something to that effect so perhaps they will have some of the live events on HBO instead of making me turn tricks...I mena work overtime for an extra $40 a month ;)

If they didn't show so many previews for the next UFC and filler they could easily fit in an extra fight or two. I just hate when you read the fight card on the UFC site looking forward to a particular fight, pay for it and end up not seeing it due to time constraints. If I pay for the card they should damn well show it.

Your actually sweating a $ 5 increase?

Man it must suck to be you.

I guess the De La Hoya/Mayorga fight is way out of your ballpark at $49.

Boy I'm glad I went to college.

Mix6APlix I agree on the poor quality of fights. If they only knew they could buy a Pride ppv for $5 less and see great athletes like Giant Silva or Zulu Jr.

Dork.

only if you have that "cool" amped mobile thingy...

I'm getting amped!!

you....shake your junk....

"Your actually sweating a $ 5 increase?
Man it must suck to be you. "

Bro I spend most of my money on crack rock so it does suck being me. ;)

Believe me its not the $5 increase. Its that they just raised the price $5 a couple of events ago, and they are doing it again without increasing the quality or quantity of the fights. That IMO is not cool.

"Can your not helping my cause here LOL. Like I said, the only thing that pisses me off is that they keep raising the price, and it seems that if there is extra time on the PPV, they'd rather cut it short or bullshit for 30 minutes as opposed to showing a prelim. Which sucks the big one IMO."

I agree with you in part. What I don't understand is why the PPVs are still only 3 hours. Boxing PPVs get 4-5 hours of time allocated. They don't usually use that time but they make sure they have it if they need it. I don't get why they can't get more than a 3 hour block and start the PPV at 9 instead of 10.

"I just hate when you read the fight card on the UFC site looking forward to a particular fight, pay for it and end up not seeing it due to time constraints. If I pay for the card they should damn well show it."

Perhaps you should try reading the card. Under each non-main card fight, it says "may not be broadcast".

"-Bullshit! They had 45 minutes of dead air time after the last one and the fights they didnt show combined for +/- 12 minutes."

After Karo/Goat there were only like 10 minutes of air left. What 45 minutes of airtime are you talking about?

last call is either stupid (college ha), or wasteful (good luck with retirement).

it is prudent and wise to question whether increased value will be provided for the extra cost of the PPV.

for us university educated business-types, it is generally expected to ask questions regarding a leap in price of any product, especially those of us who want to continue to hold our bank accounts at a decent level.

last call, can you please use that fancy schmancy college educmacation and tell me, what percentage is this increase? if it is more than inflation (which i'm sure, given that you are a college-man, you already can pull out of your extensive memory banks), then some value should be provided to the consumer.