Win 98 help/cleanup

Hey ive got an old computer. Pent2 500, 10gb hardrive......oldschool. I have no problems connecting to the internet and surfing etc....

but ive been trying to clean this bastid up and improve its performance back to when i got it. i uninstalled all software and programs i didnt use anymore and that freed up some of the hard-drive. at that point i had about 4gb free on the drive. I downloaded a Perfect Companion program that goes back and deletes all the old registry files and shit left behind over the years. that cleaned up a crazy 2gb of my drive! so as of right now i have 6gb freed up out of 10. now, im stumped on a few things though.

1. When i go to the add/remove programs icon, i have a shitload (5-7) of programs on there i thought i had deleted in full. If i try to delete them, the uninstall wizard fires up but cant remove it because of a missing file or something. Is there a way to wipe that shit out? Some of the programs that wont remove are on old game controller program i installed when i bought the thing, a panda virus utility etc....

2. I downloaded Paint Shop Pro 7 a year ago and used it to make a website. The month trial ran up and i delted everything i thought but it still pops up in the add/remove list. More importantly a bunch of pictures and shit i have have the paint shop icon on them and i cant access them because obviously i delted most of the PSP program. Is there a way to switch these pictures from PSP so i can view them?

3. Does it affect your computer id you delete shit that came installed on the pc? Stuff like...Microsoft Clip Gallery, Money, Greetings. Would that free up enough disk space to even be worth it in the first place?

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help

1. It's a glitch in Windows don't worry about it. The programs are gone and that's why the error pops up.

2. I don't know.

3. No it doesn't have any bad effects. If you don't use the programs it is always worth it to uninstall them.

2. Did you actually uninstall the programs or just go in and delete the program folders?

***2. Did you actually uninstall the programs or just go in and delete the program folders?***

if your refering to the paint shop pro issue, im not positive but it is not out of the question that i just deleted the icon, then the folders first. that might explain why i cant remove it from the add/remove programs menu, but for some reason the pictures i have that i used in PSP wont allow me to access them because i erased the program files. somehow there is still something on the pc running that program. ive searced through the find files/folders option and cant find anything else for it. its almost like it has become the default program for those certain pictures.

***3. No it doesn't have any bad effects. If you don't use the programs it is always worth it to uninstall them.***

cool, i just wanted to double check before doing anything. im sure if i ever did need them i could just reinstall them with the windows cd's and restoration discs.

You might also want to clear out your startup files..

"You might also want to clear out your startup files.."

whats that? if you mean the programs that run upon booting up my pc ive allready dumped alot of those.

ttt

ttt

Back up your registry. Download System Mechanic and run the 30 day trial. It should clean up your registry and delete the programs and icons that don't go anywhere.