Wing Chun guy cries at M1 tryouts

who's the two trainers at M1 that were giving him sht?

their names

It was apy echteld and oleg savitsky. They're experienced, competent dudes for sure. They just didn't like what they saw from obasi. Which is a shame.

I wish I knew about the try outs ahead of time. I would've went and dressed up as Sho Nuff.  

Are none of Obasi's fights sanctioned or something? What is his official record? Anybody know?

Wow, something about the girl's face that makes me want to punch her.

none of obasi's fights were sanctioned, all were underground. but they happened and they were legit (i was there for all but the one in vermont, and i saw video of that one). he's like 4-2 or so, with one of those losses coming from bryan vetell.

You say this, like it was a bad thing...

I like the part where he was begging to fight and trying to kiss their feet! lol Like there isn't a crapload of amateur or low level pro fights available for anyone who can pass the physical. If this guy thinks he's so great, why isn't he tearing up the ammy circuit and then turning pro and winning fights? But, no. Like most delusional TMA guys he feels he should be able to jump right up to a fairly large promotion. Because deep in his heart he knows he'd get completed OWNED and wants the excuse of saying he fought a "top guy".

"I'll die a Wing Chun man!" Truer words were never spoken.

What andre said

Kirkifan1 -  is that k dub t? i recognize those powerful thighs anywhere

I saw a closed fist but both do like the spandex

i'm a wing chun man fan, also a practitioner, not many moves are good for MMA, what translate well would be staying in the pocket, and angles, different, surprise low kicks, perhaps. i see the spider and the truth use. other then that, wow not much more, great for street fights IMO.

I've trained with Obasi before, he used to come to Alliance NYC to train BJJ. The dude is dedicated and trains hard, but he's also a bit of a nut that has a hard time controlling his emotions.

Sean Obasi discusses his Wing Chun Challenge Matches, his upcoming UCL superfight with Peter Storm, and more.

-jk

-jk

It's always entertaining to see Obasi fight.

Obasi should've an open mind, Mousasi had became a champ because he listens to Appy..I would like to see Obasi enter the DREAM Superhulk GP