Winning by split decision

Is weird, I've never won a close fight decision until last night.

FRAT

I won a split decision last night, it was the first close fight decision I've ever won. I think now I can see how people and the scoring are swayed by rounds in a fight.

1st round is close neither guy gets a ton going there's some striking, some clinching against the fence with me mostly defending the takedowns throwing knees and elbows where possible. This is going to be an attrition fight.

2nd similar to first but I was able to land some more clean strikes, he did hit me a couple times too though. Really hard body kick welted him up, but here's more clinching. My arms are gassing from constantly lifting and pummeling to get position and also trying to score where I can because I was stuck with my back against the cage a lot. I think I clearly won that round.

3rd my arms are pretty blown out, I wanted to throw more strikes but it just wasn't there. He got me back against the wall and worked to a takedown I stayed on my butt trying to walk walk but kind of slipped on my step and he got on my back in that scramble. From there it was just me trying to survive and get out from under him. I wasn't hurt, but I was very tired. He clearly won the 3rd round.

So there is the decision 2 judges thought I won 1,2 one thought he did. I didn't expect to win the decision as I was the visiting opponent. Got booed heavily but that's the breaks right? Phone Post 3.0

Congrats on the win.

Every fight can't be a slobber knocker. Phone Post 3.0

Like above. Don't worry about the crowd. Your win is your win. Take away something from this one you can bring to the next. Phone Post 3.0

Congrats on the win!

Congrats on the W! Phone Post 3.0

A win is a win. Phone Post 3.0

Sounds like you learned a lot, too. So that is, literally, a win win.

Stephen don't sweat the crowd. The only round fans remember at first is the last. A guy can clearly win two but if he loses the third the crowd will still be booing some.

The boos were uncalled for, and I suspect everyone who was booing has never trained or competed before. You won the fight despite losing third round, and between the beating the hometown favorite and the way the third round went the crowd evidently could not help themselves from booing. It was a good fight and both you guys displayed good heart and great skills.

You were very classy in how you handled the post fight interview, and I doubt that the fans booing would begrudge your win in a sober, identifiable fashion. It is much easier to boo as part of a dark, faceless crowd. Regardless, as Eric said on the mic- the boos really should be aimed at the judges if anyone, not either of the fighters Phone Post 3.0

Also- showing up and going through with the fight after finding out on short notice that your usual coaches would not be able to corner you due to the social security card thing takes guts in an of itself. Phone Post 3.0

You should have cut a Rick Rude promo on the crowd for booing.

"What I'd like to have right now is for all you fat..out of shape..low life piss ants to shut their mouths while I show your women what a real man looks like." Phone Post 3.0

Shy Guy - You should have cut a Rick Rude promo on the crowd for booing.

"What I'd like to have right now is for all you fat..out of shape..low life piss ants to shut their mouths while I show your women what a real man looks like." Phone Post 3.0
Lol that would've been awesome had I thought of it at the time. Appreciate all the kind words. This shit is so emotional lol Phone Post 3.0

Some fights are so close it's really difficult to pick a clear winner. Someone will feel hard done by, while someone will feel they won. It's actually quite refreshing to hear a fighter admit he thought the decision may go against him.

It was a close fight and you were awarded the win, congratulations.
Chances are somewhere down the line, you may end up on the other side, especially seeing how Judges can be a bit ..... lets say unpredictable

Good luck in your next fight.