Winter Olympics are for white people to win golds

Is there any other real purpose to have competition for sports that only about 10% of the world, mostly white, have access to?

Is there any real purpose to have any sports competition at all? I mean, if 100% of the entire world can't have access to gymnastics, soccer, or baseball then what's the point of those, right?

At least those you named have entertainment value. The winter sports are boring and obscure.

Right... ONLY black people should be allowed to win at any sport.

buvaiser - At least those you named have entertainment value. The winter sports are boring and obscure.

Um, it's a fair bet that there's quite a few people who view the olympics, even the winter olympics as having entertainment value.

But that's beside your original point. You claimed that they didn't have value because not enough people have access to them. What's the cuttoff for global access to a sport for it to be worthy of spectacle? 25%? 50%? 75%?

Swimming.

Tell me....when was the last time you saw a black guy skiing??

Stronghold - Right... ONLY black people should be allowed to win at any sport.

ARE there any sports that blacks compete in exclusively that white people don't have access to? Basketball, boxing, football, track, marathons are all sports at amateur and hobby levels that anyone can find in their city.

Luge mogul skiing... not so much

pfsjkd - 
buvaiser - At least those you named have entertainment value. The winter sports are boring and obscure.

Um, it's a fair bet that there's quite a few people who view the olympics, even the winter olympics as having entertainment value.

But that's beside your original point. You claimed that they didn't have value because not enough people have access to them. What's the cuttoff for global access to a sport for it to be worthy of spectacle? 25%? 50%? 75%?

No real cut off.... but why put them on a prestigious place like olympics. Then plaster them all over headlines and primetime.

I love watching bjj and strongman contests but also don't think they have a place on nbc primetime.

Oh, another troll thread.

Out.

unclephilly - Tell me....when was the last time you saw a black guy skiing??

I can count on one hand and still have fingers leftover.

Bring on Modern Pentathlon! Everybody has a fair shot at that. Phone Post 3.0

buvaiser - 
pfsjkd - 

No real cut off.... but why put them on a prestigious place like olympics. Then plaster them all over headlines and primetime.

I love watching bjj and strongman contests but also don't think they have a place on nbc primetime.

Are you under the impression that the TV networks just put on any ol' shit they want regardless of whether it gets watched or not? You do realize that the olympics is highly regarded and watched by many, many people worldwide, right? BJJ and strongman competitions most likely wouldn't garner the ratings of the olympics, otherwise they would be in NBC primetime.

And if there's no real cuttoff for validating a sport based on access like you insinuated in your OP, then what is this thread about? Is it you just don't care for the olympics?

I live in Canada. I can't play baseball 12 months a year. It's not fair all the southern country's get to play all year. Waaaaaaaa Phone Post 3.0

Don't watch if you don't like.

Damn, basketball bores me to tears, but you don't hear me crying about it.

Well...until now that is.

But I digress...

Yeah. Cause the steeple chase, marathon, equestrian, and triple jump are way better than the downhill, skier/snowboard cross or slopeside. Let alone hockey. Phone Post 3.0

Do non whites win any medals in the summer games besides running events? Seems the same argument can be made for the majority of the summer game events, as some are just as obscure. Phone Post

is this from ey.com?

thought I saw a similar thread

How are luge and ski jump boring? Way faster than any summer Olympic sport I can think of. If you turn on the Summer Olympics, 90% of the time it's some variation of running or swimming. Phone Post 3.0