With Lewis gone, will Tyson....

well I think you might be surprised. After all, Tyson's chin isn't too bad either, and Tua is really just a one trick pony, as far as his offense is concerned. And I really think Tyson hits harder. I agree it would most likely be a short fight though

although the media may overlook this judging by the
comments made at ESPN the other day,i don't remember
Tyson ever saying he was retired.
He always said leading up to the Lewis match that he
needed about three more fights before facing lennox,but he
took a chance and got beat.Right now Mike probably got
serious confidence problems,but when it comes down to
having "no money" it could be a a dangerous combination for
Tyson.Fighting for the oney alone is very very risky ,i quite
sure Mike is tired of boxing in the competetive sense.I really
don't know if he could beat Byrd right now,just because of his
mentality.As for physical abilities he could beat anyone in the
world today,but he would need the drive he had when he
was unifying the titles.
Sometimes i feel one becomes intoxicated by ones own
ability,and become oblivious to the competition around him.

yeah, but etienne looked like he was just there for a paycheque....he seem to remember wondering why the hell he wasn't getting up...

If Tua's career is a disappointment then what is Tyson's? He is easily the biggest joke in the history of the sport. He's earned over $250 million in purses alone and he's dead broke. What an idiot. I hope Foreman get's a chance to fight him..........

Tyson was the heavyweight champion and defended his title successfully nine or ten times. He blew out both Michael Spinks and Larry Holmes, even though Holmes was a bit over-the-hill. Tua fought once for the heavyweight championship and came in overweight. What does that say about him?

The last I heard, he wanted to fight a no namer in Italy or somewhere in Europe. I guess it's good he'll at least be in the ring, and he does need a confidence booster, but I have a feeling he'll continue to go on tour across Europe, fight no hopers, and still draw in HUGE gates. Tyson is an even bigger name across the sea than it is in the man's home country. We may never see Tyson in with a top 10 opponent again if he can make big money fighting stiffs.

anyone who compares Tua favorably to Tyson career-wise is trolling

Because Tyson has fought world class competition before and enjoyed great success and Butterbean and Tye Fields haven't. They've realized the level of competition they can deal with and are content to fight, and entertain a paying audience, at that level.

Mike Tyson, on the other hand, we hold to a completely different standard, and we should. He is a former world champion and still has the ability to be competitive with the top ten guys.