With Rousey done and Conor on vacation

Do you think that GSP will get a fight sooner rather than later? Most recent comments from Dana have been more positive, even saying he's not opposed to paying GSP more as long as its reasonable.

Edited for link: http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/2/15/14623094/georges-st-pierre-and-ufc-agree-to-terms-close-to-finalizing-new-contract

They're not going to change their payscale for a short term benefit.

MMALOGIC - 

They're not going to change their payscale for a short term benefit.

I know you have "sources" of sorts, but u don't think he fights by the end of June?

I think it's more than 50/50 that he does

^he can fight at any time as long as he's willing to accept what they are willing to pay.

the problem is he wants boxing money and he's repped by CAA (WME's nemesis)

if UFC pays him the money he wants it's no longer as profitable of a venture... so whats the point of having him back.

The more money these "big stars" want the less profitable they become for the UFC... there's a certain threshold that if they pass it just makes no sense for the UFC.

MMALOGIC - 

^he can fight at any time as long as he's willing to accept what they are willing to pay.

the problem is he wants boxing money and he's repped by CAA (WME's nemesis)

if UFC pays him the money he wants it's no longer as profitable of a venture... so whats the point of having him back.

The more money these "big stars" want the less profitable they become for the UFC... there's a certain threshold that if they pass it just makes no sense for the UFC.

I get what your saying. I also did touch on that by saying Dana said as long as his increase is "reasonable"...

That being said, I guess I'm asking if there would be more inclination to get something worked out sooner rather than later. Assuming it's fair for both. GSP has already said recently that communication went from zero to ufc reaching out to start conversations up again.

Regarding CAA as his representation, this is where the line of conflict of interest from WME as a talent agency and promotor start to get scetchy. A promotor freezing out talent because they aRe managed by another agency other than the agency that owns the promotion is shady imo,but what do I know

^ im sure they gave him the best deal they are willing to give him and if he comes back somewhere within that same range im sure they can get a deal done.

Regardless the show keeps rolling and the UFC keeps putting on fights.

GSP is the one who's "benching" himself.  

a fighter sitting out means nothing to the UFC in the grand scheme of things.  A year with lower ppv buys is not the end of the world...

UFC had its lowest ppv buys in 2014 and went on to sell for 4 billion, the highest financial transaction in sports history... just a year and a half later.

they're gearing up to sign TV deals worth over 300m a year over the next 6 to 18 months.

Brock and Jones suspensions will be up in 6 months.  UFC can try again to make Gina vs Ronda...

end of the day UFC can live off of 4m ppv buys a year... they dont need to do 8m buys.

ofcourse there are opportunity costs and you dont want to leave money on the table but changing the payscale drastically will cost the company way more in the long term than the alternative.

An optimistic target for this year would be around 6m buys.

I think Conor and GSP are both in very good places to negotiate

MMALOGIC -

^ im sure they gave him the best deal they are willing to give him and if he comes back somewhere within that same range im sure they can get a deal done.

Regardless the show keeps rolling and the UFC keeps putting on fights.

GSP is the one who's "benching" himself.  

a fighter sitting out means nothing to the UFC in the grand scheme of things.  A year with lower ppv buys is not the end of the world...

UFC had its lowest ppv buys in 2014 and went on to sell for 4 billion, the highest financial transaction in sports history... just a year and a half later.

they're gearing up to sign TV deals worth over 300m a year over the next 6 to 18 months.

Brock and Jones suspensions will be up in 6 months.  UFC can try again to make Gina vs Ronda...

end of the day UFC can live off of 4m ppv buys a year... they dont need to do 8m buys.

ofcourse there are opportunity costs and you dont want to leave money on the table but changing the payscale drastically will cost the company way more in the long term than the alternative.

An optimistic target for this year would be around 6m buys.

I'm not buying this line at all, this so called pay ceiling doesn't translate to any other sport or combat sport. Money to mainstream athletes perversely also makes and attracts money for the league or organisation etc. It's bullshit hard ball that's going on and the reality is that they are only cutting off their nose to spite their face. They will bend but we are yet to see how much.

No better time for the comeback of "The Solution" IMO. This is the opportunity that Coleman has been waiting for.

Next superstar IMHO.

Ultimate Cuck -

they'll bring Lesnar back for UFC 300 at the end of the year.

End of what year? I know you're not talking about this year or the next or the next

TTT

had a feeling this would happen sooner rather than later

http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/2/15/14623094/georges-st-pierre-and-ufc-agree-to-terms-close-to-finalizing-new-contract