Without the UG

This thread is for posters who do not follow football, baseball, basketball, golf, hockey, soccer, or rugby whatsoever.

This thread is only for people that follow MMA and might watch other combat sports as well but those sports are the side action and MMA is the main squeeze.

The reason I love this forum is because I can talk to people who love MMA, about, MMA! In real life only a couple of my close friends love MMA and one extended family member watches the sport at all.

At gatherings I have nothing to say with the dudes who are bullshitting about football stats and baseball fuckery.

Just wanted to say hey to all my diehard MMA fans that love talking about MMA or kickboxing or ADCC, or even fucking deadlifting technique, long before they would ever want to hang out with the "we just scored a touchdown" crowd at the local bar.

I like football but I love mma. All my friends are noobs at best and it sucks. Long live the UG! Phone Post

Wicked smahtMF - me to a "T". follow combat sports and nothing else

I love you man!

I kinda follow the local hockey team during playoffs. I eat shit n sleep MMA.

Letibleu - 

I kinda follow the local hockey team during playoffs. I eat shit n sleep MMA.

Then get it together and stop following that local hockey team!

Well, are they fighting during every game? If so, carry on...

I know how you feel.

I just made a 200 dollar bet with a mate who believes Melendez is gonna lose to Sanchez, cause 'Sanchez rag dolled that Hawaiian guy bro' Phone Post 3.0

UGCTT_UncleSam - I know how you feel.

I just made a 200 dollar bet with a mate who believes Melendez is gonna lose to Sanchez, cause 'Sanchez rag dolled that Hawaiian guy bro' Phone Post 3.0
Remember that time bj kicked Sanchez' blood into the 3rd row? He believes it was the contrary. Phone Post 3.0

UGCTT_UncleSam - 

Remember that time bj kicked Sanchez' blood into the 3rd row? He believes it was the contrary. Phone Post 3.0

Hey those guys are easy money. Travel around Buffalo Wild Wings and take bets against all the marks and you can make a killing. I was thinking of trying my hand at that.

The Wild Wings boys that can "bench 300 and curl 100" and just polished off 8 whole bud lite "tall ones" will bet 100 bucks even money on whoever is fighting the guy who "looks like a pussy".

Only if I could get em all to throw the money into a pot at once I could retire in a year.

So many BWW assholes, so little time.

Maybe the UG should send "beards" to take good bets at BWW's across the country with noob idiots.

Sigh...

Mma is clearly number one. I watch some soccer occasionally. But other than that just combat sports mainly grappling ones Phone Post

Scratch the above post, thats my retirement plan, hands off fuckers!

Only MMA, boxing, and K-1 when it was around. Guys who blab on and on about "their team" drive me up the wall. They always say "we" like they are playing on the team. Don't get me started on Fantasy sports. Wtf get a life. Phone Post

Mike_in_CA - Only MMA, boxing, and K-1 when it was around. Guys who blab on and on about "their team" drive me up the wall. They always say "we" like they are playing on the team. Don't get me started on Fantasy sports. Wtf get a life. Phone Post

There's fantasy mma FYI. And it's fun. Phone Post

Yep, same here. MMA followed by boxing are the only sports that have interest for me. I used to like football / soccer but now it just irritates me. I don't team sports as there is always at least a couple of guys not pulling their weight in the team and no loyalty. Combat sports it's all on the guys in the cage / ring. One on one and the drama in a big MMA / Boxing event is uncomparable to other sports. Phone Post 3.0

I grew up in a house where baseball was the main sport. Dad coached and brother played. Thought it was a very dull sport. Tried football out, thought the exact thing about that. Then I got into Jiu Jitsu (due to one of my brothers being a very gifted wrestler, and knew he'd always take me down, so better learn what to do once there). Through that I found MMA.

I love this sport so much. It combines mental and physical qualities, anything can happen, always incredible to see two passionate fighters go out and deliver a show, theres so much to it. It actually has helped me lose a ton of weight. 5'10" 214 when I first began JJ, down to a healthy 175. Love and live MMA. Phone Post 3.0

All I ever did well at or "got" as a kid was swimming, karate, wrestling, weight lifting and BJJ so I just can not relate to those team sports.

Like most suburb kids, I was forced into team sports and hated every minute of it. Once I hit puberty it was all mono-e-mono stuff at my directive, swimming, weight lifting, wrestling, judo, BJJ,...

If I had a little boy, that is all I would offer him and groom him for, wrestling, swimming, karate, TKD before puberty, then after puberty, BJJ, Judo, swimming, powerlifting, boxing and kickboxing. Now if the boy got into bodybuilding and pussy smashing that would be out of my control. However I would have already given him the base he needs to return to strength and conditioning and MMA once he learned to reserve "pussy smashing" to its own 2 hour block of the training day.

love combat sports but the only hardcore fan i know is also a ug'er. have a few friends who like mma, but no one near as much as i do

BJ Penn Forever -
UGCTT_UncleSam - 

Hey those guys are easy money. Travel around Buffalo Wild Wings and take bets against all the marks and you can make a killing. I was thinking of trying my hand at that.
I do that sometimes but I've been going to the same bar lately and I don't wanna run into the roid munching just bleed braindeads.

Made like a thousand bucks on the overeem vs lesnar fight cause everyone thought exactly this:

'BRO THAT K-1 STUFF IS BULLSHIT ANYWAY THEY'RE JUST TRYING TO BUILD A CASH PONY IN THE OVERING GUY, BROCK IS GONNA SMASH HIM BACK TO JAPAN!!!1!1' Phone Post 3.0

I try to follow other sports, but then I just stop caring and get back to MMA/Kickboxing. Phone Post 3.0