Without the UG

Thanks for posting this, OP.

I'm not a fan of 'ball sports'- and not for lack of trying. Baseball, Football, Basketball, etc. Just not my thing at all.

I tried really, really hard growing up to enjoy these sports. I just couldn't do it. I never really "got it," so to speak- when it came to the entertainment value of any of them.

At a young age I showed artistic talents. And with my disinterest in ball-sports, my family figured I was just more of an artistic kind of kid than a sports kid.

But I was still athletic, and when I played Street Fighter and watched Bruce Lee movies with my Dad, I figured out what my sport was. At 8 years old I started Hapkido and did TMA through middle school. I started working out and lifting weights when I was 13, and also taught myself how to play guitar, bass guitar, keyboard, and the drums by the age of 14. I've drawn all my life, comic book art mostly- and repainted, reassembled, and reconstructed my action figures as a hobby. I wrestled in highschool. Years after that, I trained in MMA for awhile and attended pro wrestling school as well. I had some great experiences, and I have great memories.

I always felt like Martial Arts was for me. It was always fun, and never confusing. I remember watching the first 3 UFCs live, with my best friend and his dad, at my Dad's house. I thought it was awesome, and as a little kid watching, it felt like a movie come to life.

Today, I'm proud to be solely, first and foremost, an MMA fan. I love this sport, and am very, very happy that it exists. Two men competing one on one inside the confines of a locked cage- with nothing but their raw ability, talent, and skill when that cage door closes behind them- is the pinnacle of competition to me, and- in my opinion- renders ball sports obsolete.

But I understand that my perspective is unique and I still have (and always have had) much respect for anyone and everyone else who feels differently. If you enjoy watching the NFL, more power to you. Everyone deserves to have a hobby. And I'm glad to call MMA mine. Thanks for reading, and thanks again for posting this thread! Phone Post

Ryan Black - 

Thanks for posting this, OP.

I'm not a fan of 'ball sports'- and not for lack of trying. Baseball, Football, Basketball, etc. Just not my thing at all.

I tried really, really hard growing up to enjoy these sports. I just couldn't do it. I never really "got it," so to speak- when it came to the entertainment value of any of them.

At a young age I showed artistic talents. And with my disinterest in ball-sports, my family figured I was just more of an artistic kind of kid than a sports kid.

But I was still athletic, and when I played Street Fighter and watched Bruce Lee movies with my Dad, I figured out what my sport was. At 8 years old I started Hapkido and did TMA through middle school. I started working out and lifting weights when I was 13, and also taught myself how to play guitar, bass guitar, keyboard, and the drums by the age of 14. I've drawn all my life, comic book art mostly- and repainted, reassembled, and reconstructed my action figures as a hobby. I wrestled in highschool. Years after that, I trained in MMA for awhile and attended pro wrestling school as well. I had some great experiences, and I have great memories.

I always felt like Martial Arts was for me. It was always fun, and never confusing. I remember watching the first 3 UFCs live, with my best friend and his dad, at my Dad's house. I thought it was awesome, and as a little kid watching, it felt like a movie come to life.

Today, I'm proud to be solely, first and foremost, an MMA fan. I love this sport, and am very, very happy that it exists. Two men competing one on one inside the confines of a locked cage- with nothing but their raw ability, talent, and skill when that cage door closes behind them- is the pinnacle of competition to me, and- in my opinion- renders ball sports obsolete.

But I understand that my perspective is unique and I still have (and always have had) much respect for anyone and everyone else who feels differently. If you enjoy watching the NFL, more power to you. Everyone deserves to have a hobby. And I'm glad to call MMA mine. Thanks for reading, and thanks again for posting this thread! Phone Post

this pretty much checks all my boxes.

creepy.