WMMA’S McCorkle vs. Heden Card is Ridiculous

By Dave Friedlander of US Combat Sports
---

Worldwide Mixed Martial Arts, Inc. recently announced the fight card for their inaugural charitable event benefiting the Wounded Warrior Project (WWP) and the U.S. Army Wounded Warrior Program (AW2). The event will take place on March 31, 2012 at the Don Haskins Center in El Paso, TX. with a portion of the gate donated to the WWP and AW2.

Stacked with an impressive of array of talent that includes notable names such as Sean McCorkle, Karo Parisyan, Lyle Beerbohm, Paul Buentello, and much more, the upcoming WMMA event looks to make a major splash in the MMA world.

"We take pride in our fights," stated William McFarlane, President of WMMA. "Our fans mean the world to us and our gratitude will be shown through the events that we produce; that means the most action-packed bouts and the very best of mixed martial arts. Most importantly, it means supporting our real heroes and true fighters, our military, our soldiers, our families. This event is for them."

Fans of WMMA will also be treated to an amazing undercard, which is set to be streamed live on WMMA's website, www.wmmasports.com. Broadcast plans for the main card will be announced very soon.

McCorkle vs. Heden: Fighting For A Better World

Main Card:

• 1. Sean McCorkle vs. Brian Heden (Super Heavyweight)
    • 2. Thomas Denny vs. Karo Parisyan (170lbs)
    • 3. Lyle Beerbohm vs. Derrick Noble (170lbs)
    • 4. Drew Fickett vs. Kevin Knabjian (170lbs)
    • 5. Jamaine Facey vs. Willie Parks (185lbs)
    • 6. Rodney Wallace vs. Derrick Mehmen (205lbs)

Under Card:

• 7. Darrill Schoonover vs. Paul Buentello (265lbs)
    • 8. Frank Gomez vs. Chris Gruetzemacher (145lbs)
    • 9. Deutsch Pu'u vs. Esteves Jones (265lbs)
    • 10. Lionel Lanham vs. Brad Peterson (185lbs)

Tickets are on sale now and can be purchased on Ticketmaster. Full card is subject to change.

This is one of the strongest local cards I've seen in a very long time. Great lineup from top to bottom.

agreed

wow, looks like an old UFC card almost.

Wow, thats stacked for a regional card. Any chance of a ppv or free stream being put online?

Great card. Wish it was near me.

The main card is full of mismatches IMO & I have not even looked into the last two fights yet.

I can't believe I'm the main event with the other names on the card

Looking forward to seeing what a few of these older vets have left in the tank. Phone Post

This card looks awesome.

I can't believe Buentello is on the under card.

Titties is fighting!

Looks like a good card. Although I can't read it without automatically thinking Womens Mixed Martial Arts.

Good to see Karo fighting and obviously it's awesome to see Corky in the main event. Phone Post

That is a sweet card.  I'd say WAR FRICKETT, but I can't cheer against Noble.

it is ppv id say buy it.

9. Deutsch Pu'u vs. Esteves Jones (265lbs)

MMA is littered with insane names, but this one might be the champ.

Nice looking card, and funny because I was just watching some old KOTC videos and wondering when Wildman Denny was gonna fight again Phone Post

Even the commentary team is stacked! 

Don Frye vs. Karyn Bryant, who takes it and how?

CagePotato - Even the commentary team is stacked! 

Don Frye vs. Karyn Bryant, who takes it and how?

Your website is exactly like that post. A really bad joke

PartsGuy - I can't believe Buentello is on the under card.

Me either

Sean McCorkle - I can't believe I'm the main event with the other names on the card

I thought WMMA meant Women's MMA and that you had underwent a sex change

I can't believe I'm wrong