Woke statue removal

https://www.twitch.tv/woke

Is that George Washington? That shit looks fairly organized with the cranes etc.. Is America getting stripped down and rebuilt?

What the fuck is this?

Rebuilt? You've seen them building new statues? 

RockTheVote -

Rebuilt? You've seen them building new statues? 

I think I saw some (miniature) Hilary Clinton statues made out of plaster of Paris on a CHAZ video

I think we need a statue of Michelle Obama and Kamala Harris raising a gloved black power fist, while scissor-kicking buck naked on a pile of dead fetuses and castrated white male genitalia.

Only then can we finally move past our bigoted history.

1 Like

Slave Owners Bill Of Rights being removed next !!

It's John C Calhoun. It's also a professional crew removing it, not protestors. Dude was a fascinating character in early US history.

He believed in a strong federal government in the beginning parts of career and then later on became a champion of state rights in the lead up to the Civil War. He foresaw the conflict and really believed having strong state rights was the key to both sides being able to reconcile.

He was also undeniably a strong proponent of slavery:

"I take higher ground. I hold that in the present state of civilization, where two races of different origin, and distinguished by color, and other physical differences, as well as intellectual, are brought together, the relation now existing in the slaveholding States between the two, is, instead of an evil, a good—a positive good." 1837

I do think his strategy of strong state rights is just the right thing to diffuse the civil strife we are experiencing in the present day. Massively cut back the federal government to bare bones and let states go their own way. The federal government should be for the military, foreign commerce, and international negotiations. That's really it.

“The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal government, are few and defined. Those which are to remain in the State governments are numerous and indefinite.” James Madison    <--- If we can get back to that idea then we can all live differently and in peace.

1 Like
RonaldRaygun -

It's John C Calhoun. It's also a professional crew removing it, not protestors. Dude was a fascinating character in early US history.

He believed in a strong federal government in the beginning parts of career and then later on became a champion of state rights in the lead up to the Civil War. He foresaw the conflict and really believed having strong state rights was the key to both sides being able to reconcile.

He was also undeniably a strong proponent of slavery:

"I take higher ground. I hold that in the present state of civilization, where two races of different origin, and distinguished by color, and other physical differences, as well as intellectual, are brought together, the relation now existing in the slaveholding States between the two, is, instead of an evil, a good—a positive good." 1837

I do think his strategy of strong state rights is just the right thing to diffuse the civil strife we are experiencing in the present day. Massively cut back the federal government to bare bones and let states go their own way. The federal government should be for the military, foreign commerce, and international negotiations. That's really it.

“The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal government, are few and defined. Those which are to remain in the State governments are numerous and indefinite.” James Madison    <--- If we can get back to that idea then we can all live differently and in peace.

I can't imagine they would take down a George Washington statue.. surely no one would sit around and let that happen? It's still interesting that a professional crew allow to do this?

Very insightful and thank you for your post.