WOLFF ADMITS ANTI TRUMP BOOK IS FAKE

WOLFF ADMITS: DIDN’T INTERVIEW ANY WHITEHOUSE CABINET OFFICIALS FOR ANTI-TRUMP BOOK

Fire & Fury claims quotes from multiple Cabinet members

Author Michael Wolff admitted he didn’t interview any of President Trump’s Cabinet members for his anti-Trump book Fire & Fury.

Wolff made the admission on Monday in an interview on “CBS This Morning.”

Host Norah O’Donnell asked Wolf, “Did you speak to any members of the president’s Cabinet for this book?”

Wolff responded, “I did not.”

You did not?” O’Donnell repeated.

“I did not,” Wolff confirmed.

She then asked Wolff if he ever interviewed Vice President Mike Pence.

“I did not,” Wolff said again.

O’Donnell also noted Trump denied having ever been interviewed by Wolff.

“The president denies he ever spoke to you for the book, at all,” O’Donnell said.

“I probably think he had no idea he was speaking to me for this book,” Wolff said. “When I would meet the president in the White House we would chat as though we were friends.”
“But that’s not an interview, to greet someone and say, ‘Hello,’” O’Donnell pointed out. “That’s not a journalistic exercise.”

Wolff struggled to explain away O’Donnell’s point and insisted he did sit down with Trump for three hours during his months in the White House even though Wolff was “sure he [Trump] didn’t think they were interviews.”

Wolff describes quotes from multiple Trump administration Cabinet members in Fire & Fury, including the National Security Advisor and Treasury Secretary.

“For (Treasury Secretary) Steve Mnuchin and (former Trump White House chief of staff) Reince Priebus, the president was an ‘idiot.’ For (former Goldman Sachs exec) Gary Cohn, he was ‘dumb as sh-t.’ For (National Security Adviser) H.R. McMaster he was a ‘dope.’ The list went on,” Wolff said.

https://www.infowars.com/wolff-admits-didnt-interview-any-wh-cabinet-officials-for-anti-trump-book/

LMNAO at infowars. Nice try, Pepe. 

1800champagne - 

You want to watch the video from CBS where he admits it or is that fake too?

I think you'd need to be deluded to look at this book with any sort of authority, but Wolff defending against Trump's comments that he never interviewed Trump by explaining Trump probably didn't even realize their three hour conversation was an interview isn't exactly admitting fraud. 

I think he's being intellectually dishonest and has no shred of journalistic integrity sure, but is it that hard to imagine he was given access to cabinet members and instead of interviewing them, he simply listened around for any damning gotcha or gripe quotes he could write down. It's tabloid driven paparazzi journalism and ruins his book as any sort of authority or citation to be used, but I think OP is too strong, particularly from these comments which I view as less damning than the book's own intro.

In fact the intro is probably my main source of disdain and distrust for the book since it clearly attempts to be ambiguous and controversy driven and since Wolff has seemed weak on doubling down his comments and establishing the veracity and accuracy of his book. Fake is too strong and this certainly isn't a confession of malfeasance or outright fraud, but I would agree this only adds to the fiction over fact argument. 

Luncha Libre -
1800champagne - 

He admits to committing libel? Yes, please link to that interview. 

1800champagne -

I didn' watch the CBS interview but are you saying those quotes aren' real?

Luncha Libre -
1800champagne - 

The interview and the quotes used in your lame article are real.

Your thread title, the article title, and the spin the writer is putting on the quotes is all #fakenews

FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Luncha Libre -
1800champagne - 

The interview and the quotes used in your lame article are real.

Your thread title, the article title, and the spin the writer is putting on the quotes is all #fakenews
Apologies, the article title isn't #fakenews

IrishIntimidator -
1800champagne -

The quotes do not comport with the thread title. 

1800champagne - 
Luncha Libre -
1800champagne - 

He admits to committing libel? Yes, please link to that interview. 

Yes he admits to it.
Not to me directly or anywhere else. I didnt interview him. I didnt speak directly to his publisher.
But I overheard from staff members and insiders that he admits it is fake. See how that works?

Luncha Libre - WOLFF ADMITS: DIDN’T INTERVIEW ANY WHITEHOUSE CABINET OFFICIALS FOR ANTI-TRUMP BOOK

Fire & Fury claims quotes from multiple Cabinet members

Author Michael Wolff admitted he didn’t interview any of President Trump’s Cabinet members for his anti-Trump book Fire & Fury.

Wolff made the admission on Monday in an interview on “CBS This Morning.”

Host Norah O’Donnell asked Wolf, “Did you speak to any members of the president’s Cabinet for this book?”

Wolff responded, “I did not.”

You did not?” O’Donnell repeated.

“I did not,” Wolff confirmed.

She then asked Wolff if he ever interviewed Vice President Mike Pence.

“I did not,” Wolff said again.

O’Donnell also noted Trump denied having ever been interviewed by Wolff.

“The president denies he ever spoke to you for the book, at all,” O’Donnell said.

“I probably think he had no idea he was speaking to me for this book,” Wolff said. “When I would meet the president in the White House we would chat as though we were friends.”
“But that’s not an interview, to greet someone and say, ‘Hello,’” O’Donnell pointed out. “That’s not a journalistic exercise.”

Wolff struggled to explain away O’Donnell’s point and insisted he did sit down with Trump for three hours during his months in the White House even though Wolff was “sure he [Trump] didn’t think they were interviews.”

Wolff describes quotes from multiple Trump administration Cabinet members in Fire & Fury, including the National Security Advisor and Treasury Secretary.

“For (Treasury Secretary) Steve Mnuchin and (former Trump White House chief of staff) Reince Priebus, the president was an ‘idiot.’ For (former Goldman Sachs exec) Gary Cohn, he was ‘dumb as sh-t.’ For (National Security Adviser) H.R. McMaster he was a ‘dope.’ The list went on,” Wolff said.

https://www.infowars.com/wolff-admits-didnt-interview-any-wh-cabinet-officials-for-anti-trump-book/

Infowars is dangerous because they post factual stuff like this, then have three hour podcasts talking about satanic soul sucking pedophiles who eat survival packs that they sell and cheese pizza.

1800champagne -
IrishIntimidator -
1800champagne -

The quotes do not comport with the thread title. 

That's not what you were implying but whatever. Infowars is trash but they actually got this one rite it looks like and yes his thread title is a bit misleading.

Lol shocking

1800champagne -

Yeah. Here is the daily caller.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/08/wolff-didnt-interview-pence-cabinet-members-for-book-video/

MattyECB - 

I think you'd need to be deluded to look at this book with any sort of authority, but Wolff defending against Trump's comments that he never interviewed Trump by explaining Trump probably didn't even realize their three hour conversation was an interview isn't exactly admitting fraud. 

I think he's being intellectually dishonest and has no shred of journalistic integrity sure, but is it that hard to imagine he was given access to cabinet members and instead of interviewing them, he simply listened around for any damning gotcha or gripe quotes he could write down. It's tabloid driven paparazzi journalism and ruins his book as any sort of authority or citation to be used, but I think OP is too strong, particularly from these comments which I view as less damning than the book's own intro.

In fact the intro is probably my main source of disdain and distrust for the book since it clearly attempts to be ambiguous and controversy driven and since Wolff has seemed weak on doubling down his comments and establishing the veracity and accuracy of his book. Fake is too strong and this certainly isn't a confession of malfeasance or outright fraud, but I would agree this only adds to the fiction over fact argument. 

may be the best post I've read re: the book yet.

well said.

camicom -
1800champagne -

http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/08/wolff-didnt-interview-pence-cabinet-members-for-book-video/

Sweet. Another link that confirms your thread title is #fakenews as is most of the infowars writers spin.

Do you realize that you can quote someone's words without actually sitting them down and announcing you are formally interviewing them?

I really hope your whole angle here is an elaborate troll.

Someone's about to get fired with fury

FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
camicom -
1800champagne -

Sweet. Another link that confirms your thread title is #fakenews as is most of the infowars writers spin.

Do you realize that you can quote someone's words without actually sitting them down and announcing you are formally interviewing them?

So you are ok with a 328 page book full of quotes from cabinet members that the author admitted he never talked to? His book is basically 328 pages of "anonymous sources". Why would you defend that?

Luncha Libre -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
camicom -
1800champagne -

So you are ok with a 328 page book full of quotes from cabinet members that the author admitted he never talked to? His book is basically 328 pages of "anonymous sources". Why would you defend that?
He said he never interviewed them. You realize there is a difference between an "interview" and speaking with each other right?

They speak to the difference in both articles posted in your thread re: Trump