Wolfslair sues Bisping for £270,000 in unpaid fees

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3566733/ufc-champion-michael-bisping-refused-to-sign-new-contract-with-management-after-suffering-death-threats-and-bullying/

CAGE fighting champion Michael Bisping refused to sign a new contact after claiming his management threatened to kill him, the High Court has been told.

The claims come as the current world UFC Middleweight title holder Bisping is being sued for more than £270,000 in unpaid fees and expenses, dating back ten years, by former manager Anthony McGann.

Michael Bisping has denied he ever signed a new contract with his management

But Bisping told the High Court he refused to sign a renew his deal claiming years of threats and bullying were “a breach of contract.”

He said he split with the Wolfslair MMA Gym in 2012 after seven years, claiming they were “violent people” and decided to move to the US train full-time with different management.

But Mr McGann has claimed the former fighter now owes him thousands of pounds in unpaid fees for representing him for six years.

The cage fighter is being sued for £270,000 in unpaid fees and expenses dating back ten years

Mr Nigel Lawrence QC, representing Mr McGann, asked why in 2011 did Bisping not bring up any of the problems he had with his management with Mr McGann before leaving.

Mr Bisping said: “There was no point in bringing it up. I thought I was moving on. The six years were up.

“They were violent people and there had been threats over the years and I was trying to make it a smooth transition.”

Mr Bisping also accused his former management of breaching the terms of the contract and said: “When they get the sponsorship money and didn’t give it to me . When they threatened to kill you then that’s a reason to move on.

“There were threats over the years and I would say that was a breach of contract.”

He said they had been trying to “swindle” money out of him.

In the contract that was signed there was a clause for the McGann and Wolfslair to receive a 20 per cent commission which Bisping said he had paid fully.

But Bisping denied he ever signed a contract with Mr McGann and he understood the agreement was with the Wolfslair gym.

Giving evidence at the High Court today Mr Bisping denied he had signed the contract when he was shown a copy of the document in court.

He admitted he didn’t fully read the whole contact when he signed it, but said the document put before him in court was several pages longer than the one he signed in 2005.

They were violent people and there had been threats over the years and I was trying to make it a smooth transition

Mr Bisping said it was not the contract he had signed, saying: “At the time he said to me ‘sign it, if its not fair then it won’t stand up in court’. That was his advice.”

He said he had always believed there was “skullduggery” going on, and addressing the judge, Mr Richard Salter, QC, he added: “It’s all a fabrication your Lordship. I have never seen any of them in my life.

“They’ve talked about time sheets. I have never in my life heard of an MMA gym that uses time sheets. It’s all lies and a fabrication.”

The trial, which is in its eighth day, continues.

Between this and Yoel match-up, wee lad can't catch a break!

Touch,

Thanks for the story but could you use a better source than that rag of a newspaper.

JFT96

touch -

Between this and Yoel match-up, wee lad can't catch a break!

I'll believe when Yoel is in the cage with him

Fuck woofs layer, the fact that they havent had a fighter represent any major orgs since bisping tells me theyre no good

touch -

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3566733/ufc-champion-michael-bisping-refused-to-sign-new-contract-with-management-after-suffering-death-threats-and-bullying/

CAGE fighting champion Michael Bisping refused to sign a new contact after claiming his management threatened to kill him, the High Court has been told.

The claims come as the current world UFC Middleweight title holder Bisping is being sued for more than £270,000 in unpaid fees and expenses, dating back ten years, by former manager Anthony McGann.

Michael Bisping has denied he ever signed a new contract with his management

But Bisping told the High Court he refused to sign a renew his deal claiming years of threats and bullying were “a breach of contract.”

He said he split with the Wolfslair MMA Gym in 2012 after seven years, claiming they were “violent people” and decided to move to the US train full-time with different management.

But Mr McGann has claimed the former fighter now owes him thousands of pounds in unpaid fees for representing him for six years.

The cage fighter is being sued for £270,000 in unpaid fees and expenses dating back ten years

Mr Nigel Lawrence QC, representing Mr McGann, asked why in 2011 did Bisping not bring up any of the problems he had with his management with Mr McGann before leaving.

Mr Bisping said: “There was no point in bringing it up. I thought I was moving on. The six years were up.

“They were violent people and there had been threats over the years and I was trying to make it a smooth transition.”

Mr Bisping also accused his former management of breaching the terms of the contract and said: “When they get the sponsorship money and didn’t give it to me . When they threatened to kill you then that’s a reason to move on.

“There were threats over the years and I would say that was a breach of contract.”

He said they had been trying to “swindle” money out of him.

In the contract that was signed there was a clause for the McGann and Wolfslair to receive a 20 per cent commission which Bisping said he had paid fully.

But Bisping denied he ever signed a contract with Mr McGann and he understood the agreement was with the Wolfslair gym.

Giving evidence at the High Court today Mr Bisping denied he had signed the contract when he was shown a copy of the document in court.

He admitted he didn’t fully read the whole contact when he signed it, but said the document put before him in court was several pages longer than the one he signed in 2005.

They were violent people and there had been threats over the years and I was trying to make it a smooth transition

Mr Bisping said it was not the contract he had signed, saying: “At the time he said to me ‘sign it, if its not fair then it won’t stand up in court’. That was his advice.”

He said he had always believed there was “skullduggery” going on, and addressing the judge, Mr Richard Salter, QC, he added: “It’s all a fabrication your Lordship. I have never seen any of them in my life.

“They’ve talked about time sheets. I have never in my life heard of an MMA gym that uses time sheets. It’s all lies and a fabrication.”

The trial, which is in its eighth day, continues.

Loyalty in this business is dog shit.

No loyatly needs to be had by Bisping here if he had his life threatened. Although if it came after he refused to pay what he owed its understandable to keep it gangster. They put in all that time with him believing and he finally gets his PPV paydays and doesnt honor the commitment. I dont know the situation but I can see it from both sides. Does Hendricks still have to pay his team 50%? Pretty shitty if not

Johnzandt -

Touch,

Thanks for the story but could you use a better source than that rag of a newspaper.

JFT96

Of course, because I'm sure the guy writing this piece about an MMA lawsuit definitely covered the Hillsborough disaster as well.

MartialArtsM1xed - Fuck woofs layer, the fact that they havent had a fighter represent any major orgs since bisping tells me theyre no good
from this they so sound like scumbags

MMA MELEE - No loyatly needs to be had by Bisping here if he had his life threatened. Although if it came after he refused to pay what he owed its understandable to keep it gangster. They put in all that time with him believing and he finally gets his PPV paydays and doesnt honor the commitment. I dont know the situation but I can see it from both sides. Does Hendricks still have to pay his team 50%? Pretty shitty if not

Settle down Don Corleone.

i think its time to pay up for MIke, he signed it and now denying it

Aussie Shaun -

if this is true FUCK WOLFSLAIR!!

Gangster claims prominent Wolfslair MMA gym owner took money from his scaffolding firm

Court hears of dispute between former business partners over high profile Wolfslair Gym

Feared gangster Stephen Clarke today claimed the co-founder of prominent MMA academy Wolfslair, took money from a scaffolding firm the pair owned to help his gym business.

Convicted drugs trafficker and security boss Clarke, 48, told Preston Crown Court that a dispute with Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) trainer Anthony McGann helped lead to the collapse of their firm, Proscaff Access.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/gangster-claims-prominent-wolfslair-mma-10754858

'Feared Gangster'..whilst giving evidence cos someone took his money. Bah ha ha fucking Northerners. 

McGann, that name rings a bell. His son was fighting in Russia recently, right?

Wolf tickets.

Judge Andrew Woolman ruled Stephen was a “dominant force” in the “ criminal sub-culture ” of Liverpool and a man “not to be messed with”.

He blasted his “murky” dealings with a prominent Liverpool property developer, who cannot be named for legal reasons, and Anthony McGann, the boss of Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) academy Wolfslair.

JohnMc1 - The fastest way for a gym to get rid of a fighter is to ask them to start paying their way.
Lol

touch -

McGann, that name rings a bell. His son was fighting in Russia recently, right?

Correct. Jack McGann - Awesome stand up.

In for updates

Bigtrain2681 - 
Aussie Shaun -

if this is true FUCK WOLFSLAIR!!

Gangster claims prominent Wolfslair MMA gym owner took money from his scaffolding firm

Court hears of dispute between former business partners over high profile Wolfslair Gym

Feared gangster Stephen Clarke today claimed the co-founder of prominent MMA academy Wolfslair, took money from a scaffolding firm the pair owned to help his gym business.

Convicted drugs trafficker and security boss Clarke, 48, told Preston Crown Court that a dispute with Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) trainer Anthony McGann helped lead to the collapse of their firm, Proscaff Access.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/gangster-claims-prominent-wolfslair-mma-10754858

'Feared Gangster'..whilst giving evidence cos someone took his money. Bah ha ha fucking Northerners. 

Ste Clarke is/was definitely a feared gangster. Scary man. I believe he's only talking in court as part of a case whereby they are trying to ascertain his assets as they want him to pay up his proceeds of crime or tag him with more years on his sentence. He's currently banged up.