Wolfslair sues Bisping for £270,000 in unpaid fees

Bisping became a contender and champion in the UFC after he left Wolf's Lair.  This seems pretty underhanded.  They can't suddenly claim ownership over his success and try to shake him down for money. 

Bisping knew he wasn't going to get to a higher level at that camp.  I don't see how he did anything wrong here.

UFC champion Michael Bisping has claimed his former management team once “threatened to kill him.”

Mr Bisping, the current world UFC middleweight champion, is being sued by his former manager Anthony McGann.

Mr McGann, who owns the Widnes -based Wolfslair MMA company and represented Mr Bisping for several years, claims his former fighter owes him hundreds of thousands of pounds in unpaid fees and expenses.

The case is being heard at the High Court, which was told Mr Bisping claims that he decided to leave Wolfslair in 2012 due to alleged “bullying” on their part.

Mr Bisping spoke of the alleged threat to kill during an exchange with Mr McGann’s barrister, Nigel Lawrence QC, at the hearing in London.

Mr Lawrence asked Mr Bisping to explain how Wolfslair and Mr McGann had been “in breach” of a management agreement, as the fighter claimed.

Mr Bisping said: “When they threaten to kill you. That is the time to move on.”

Mr Bisping also accused Mr McGann of making an aggressive phone call after a big fight in the USA. Mr Bisping claims Mr McGann was angry that he refused to allow a member of the Wolfslair team to be in his corner for the fight.

He said: “At the press conference after the fight Anthony McGann was phoning me but I didn’t pick up.”

Mr Bisping said that Mr McGann got through to him in his hotel room later in the evening, when he allegedly said he had “p****d off the wrong man” and that Mr McGann would “see me (Mr Bisping) later”.

The champion fighter, from Manchester, said the phone call had upset his partner. But Mr Lawrence said that this story was not true and was a “response to litigation”.

Mr Lawrence also made reference to an email from 2011 when Mr Bisping made no reference to this incident.

But Mr Bisping told the court he was being careful at the time because he was “worried about repercussions”.

Mr Lawrence made reference to a statement that Mr Bisping signed which described Wolfsair as a world class mixed martial arts gym.

He also referred to an occasion when Mr Bisping had described Mr McGann as “manager of the year”.

Mr Lawrence told the court that Mr McGann had in fact worked hard to develop Mr Bisping’s career, and arranged expensive training camps in Las Vegas ahead of big fights.

Dana White, the president of UFC, appeared in court via a video link from Las Vegas.

Mr White said that he had always enjoyed a very good relationship with Mr Bisping over the years.

He said that he remembered dealing with Mr McGann in relation to a fighter called Quinton Jackson rather than Mr Bisping.

Crooklyn -

McGann is a shady character. Get John Joe in here to elaborate. He knows all about that.

lol I wouldn't get my hopes too high, john joe knows what's good for him..

Is the wolf's lair likely to try to swindle bisping? Absolutely.
Is bisping the sort of person who's fuck over anyone, even a gym who'd helped him become the fighter he is today, abso-fucking-lutely.

Between this, and MVPs dads allegations, I'd be reluctant to join a martial arts gym in England.

Stin - Is the wolf's lair likely to try to swindle bisping? Absolutely.
Is bisping the sort of person who's fuck over anyone, even a gym who'd helped him become the fighter he is today, abso-fucking-lutely.
Yup...the truth will be somewhere in the middle.

Stoked Dana Backed him up.

I forget the rampage story but im pretty sure the done him over too.

Fuck The Sun.

A) For calling it cage fighting and B) For being The Sun.

Johnzandt -

Touch,

Thanks for the story but could you use a better source than that rag of a newspaper.

JFT96

It's number one for all the mindless British numties. The sun and Fox news still don't know how they exist.

Stin - Is the wolf"s lair likely to try to swindle bisping? Absolutely.
Is bisping the sort of person who"s fuck over anyone, even a gym who"d helped him become the fighter he is today, abso-fucking-lutely.

How the fuck is Bisping that 'sort of person'? And who the hell are you to make a claim like that? You know him personally? Care to show a time he has been willing to fuck someone over?

MarcusAurelioFan -
MMA MELEE - No loyatly needs to be had by Bisping here if he had his life threatened. Although if it came after he refused to pay what he owed its understandable to keep it gangster. They put in all that time with him believing and he finally gets his PPV paydays and doesnt honor the commitment. I dont know the situation but I can see it from both sides. Does Hendricks still have to pay his team 50%? Pretty shitty if not

Settle down Don Corleone.
But it's more common than you think. A lot of fighters get big help from their teams and they agree on a handshake that when the fighter makes it he will start paying back to the gym x amount but many fighters go back on it which is why many teams these days have fighters signing contracts which is shitty as it puts trust issues in the fighter trainer relationship but it is the only way.

BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide -
Is bisping the sort of person who"s fuck over anyone, even a gym who"d helped him become the fighter he is today, abso-fucking-lutely.

How the fuck is Bisping that 'sort of person'? And who the hell are you to make a claim like that? You know him personally? Care to show a time he has been willing to fuck someone over?

He's a common thug. A belligerent and Leary drunk (see recent video with eddie bravo). The sort of person who spits at opposing teams cornermen after a professional combat sports bout (see fight with Jorge Rivera).

He's a great fighter, but I have no trouble whatsoever believing he'd fuck over wolfslair, as soon as he reached the point that hed never have to go back there.

Stin -

He's a common thug. A belligerent and Leary drunk (see recent video with eddie bravo). The sort of person who spits at opposing teams cornermen after a professional combat sports bout (see fight with Jorge Rivera).

He's a great fighter, but I have no trouble whatsoever believing he'd fuck over wolfslair, as soon as he reached the point that hed never have to go back there.

Recent video with Eddie Bravo

https://youtu.be/vV_uRDrKBtY

Sounds like Eddie probably put his mouth in it a bit but it all got sorted out and Eddie admits 'he should have kept his mouth shut'... and what, because he gets a bit testy after a few drinks he's the sort to fuck over his team? Interdasting...

And fuck Jorge Riveras corner, they said crazy amounts of shit to Bisping. 50/50

Stin -

Recent video with Eddie Bravo

https://youtu.be/vV_uRDrKBtY

Sounds like Eddie probably put his mouth in it a bit but it all got sorted out and Eddie admits 'he should have kept his mouth shut'... and what, because he gets a bit testy after a few drinks he's the sort to fuck over his team? Interdasting...

And fuck Jorge Riveras corner, they said crazy amounts of shit to Bisping. 50/50

haha them describing the punches with the viewer in the dark was pretty funny 

Ttt for John joe!

What did MVP dad say?

stop trying to get john joe murdered. he would do well to keep any secrets he has under wraps. 

elliotc -

What did MVP dad say?

He fucked kids

ttt