Woman Barred From Leading Prayer

*tunes violin for Pity the Poor Oppressed Christian Parade*

Oh how heavy is that cross thou dost bear?

blud: yeah your religion is the only way *rolls eyes*
talk about missing the whole point.

Me: as opposed to your worldview right...you are totally open minded unless I disagree with you...right.

blud: Religious arrogance is one of the worst sins

Me: really? says who?

scraper: *tunes violin for Pity the Poor Oppressed Christian Parade*
Oh how heavy is that cross thou dost bear?

Me: Just don't want to give you a monopoly on the "let's change the laws based on the fact that I'm a poor oppressed victim"...

There are all kinds of cults. And some are harmful. Of course I'd rather you not be the one to determine what's harmful. You guys...your ready to condemn someone like Judge Moore for having the 10 commandments in a public forum, but by God, let the Wiccan witch chant her incantations...sheesh. Actually I'd rather see them both not be a part of the public forum. But that's because I'm consistant. I don't want rules applying only when I personally want them. That would make me a giant hypocrite.

scraper: tunes violin for Pity the Poor Oppressed Christian Parade Oh how heavy is that cross thou dost bear?C'mon bro, I figured you'd at least be grown up enough to get past the whole name misspelling thing. You've done it enough times for me to conclude it isn't accidental. Isn't that a bit childish? Would it really do anything for this discussion if I resorted to calling you "COCK" instead of rooster? You guys complain about name calling and childish behavior but resort to this kind of stuff? C'mon man. SCRAP

yeah, this is exactly the kind of stuff I am talking about.

What a wonderful uplifting place this is, where everyone shares their views with openess and peace.

the rev

crescent: Actually I'd rather see them both not be a part of the public forum. But that's because I'm consistant. I don't want rules applying only when I personally want them. That would make me a giant hypocrite.

Me: Hahahaha...righhhht...aren't you the same person who wrote above..."A woman here has been banned from leading prayer at a County Supervisors meeting.
What a crock."

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;"

So, should they be a part of the public forum or not?

scrappy do: C'mon bro, I figured you'd at least be grown up enough to get past the whole name misspelling thing. You've done it enough times for me to conclude it isn't accidental. Isn't that a bit childish? Would it really do anything for this discussion if I resorted to calling you "COCK" instead of rooster?

Me: C'mon scrappy, don't be so sensitive. I'm really doing it w/ the old wink in my eye. It's better then alluding Christians are homophobic, rascist, ignorant, red necks etc. ad nauseum. You're scrappy dude. You're a scrapper. You "scrape" things up. Relax, take a deep breath, pull out some of your bowling pins and blow off some energy.

But they are only wrong cause you wouldn't want that done to you right?

blud: believe it or not before the bible people still knew that murder and rape and slavery were wrong.

Me: take a look at ancient civilizations (and for that matter many civilizations prior to the introduction of the bible) and they did not have a problem with murder, rape and slavery. In fact, Israel's laws, viewed harshly by our modern society (which allows for murdering of unborn babies, and many other barbaric acts) was WAY more civilized then surrounding nations. Their views of women, slaves, enemies and each other was extremely barbaric.

Hahahaha...righhhht...aren't you the same person who wrote above..."A woman here has been banned from leading prayer at a County Supervisors meeting. What a crock."Have you no concept of hyperbole? Using my past statements and knowing my attitude towards church/state issues, it takes the smallest amount of common sense to realize that I was demonstrating the absurd by being absurd. I'm sure you've heard that phrase before. HELWIG caught it, try to keep up.So, should they be a part of the public forum or not? Using your criteria, they should if they say a Christian prayer, they shouldn't if they say a wiccan prayer. Being that I'm at least consistant, I'd say neither.

I say neither

the rev

religous arrogance is about as palateable as any other arrogance Rooster. if you need someone to right that into a book for you so you can believe it i can oblige.

Is it just me or is does that statement prove itself?

the rev

crescent: Have you no concept of hyperbole? Using my past statements and knowing my attitude towards church/state issues, it takes the smallest amount of common sense to realize that I was demonstrating the absurd by being absurd. I'm sure you've heard that phrase before. HELWIG caught it, try to keep up.

Me: I really don't follow your every past stmt. Thanks for clarifying.

From the fundie with no concept of hyperbole:-) (or metaphors...a literalist in the most ignorant of ways).

Merry Christmas

Bludhall, you know what, I was going to get in my car today but it wasn't written in my book so I stopped believing in it. So on the way to work, I realized my job isn't in my book so I went back home. I'm pretty confused. I couldn't find my name in the book so I guess i have ceased to exist, I'm fading...a..way....ugh..gh.gh....he..lp...me...

blud: or am I being arrogant by saying the religious arrogance is unpalatable?

Me: No, you are just being judgemental and moralizing ;-) Which is ok to me. However, it really doesn't set up your arguements very well, it's just an opinion.

well I thought it sounded a bit arrogant yes. But the point that was made is true, all arrogance is not appreciated. But I actually hate religious arrogance more, except ofcourse in my case, where it is not arrogance, but just "confidence" :)

the rev

Sarcasm brackets! That would be a wonderful key for a new keyboard. It would help a lot, as evidenced in this thread.

And thank you for the sentiment rooster and and Merry Christmas to you too.

No prob bro...