Woman cop has a tantrum

BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB)- Buffalo Police and the City of Buffalo are now defending themselves in a lawsuit after a heated exchange was caught on camera.

A homeowner claims he was mistreated by Buffalo Police during a dispute over his property.

The homeowner's legal team told News 4 that BPD did not do enough to hold the officers involved accountable. They hope the suit, filed Monday, will send a message this is unacceptable.

The lawsuit claims the dispute started months after Mohammad Ismail bought 369 Sherman St. at the city auction in October.

It was previously owned by Buffalo Police Officer Christopher Fields.

The suit alleges Officer Fields and a female officer appeared at the house on April 18. It claims Officer Fields had changed the locks, told Ismail he didn't own the home and that he needed to leave or he would be arrested.

A few days later, the lawsuit claims the female officer returned. That interaction was caught on camera by Ismail's cousin.

In the video, the officer says, "You're trespassing, what don't you understand about that? If [Fields] comes here and he wants you locked up you can go to jail."

She continues to yell at Ismail, saying "You don't have keys, he changed the locks, he told you that the other day. How did you get in the back of there? How did you get in the back of the house? How did you get in? He owns this house, you don't own it."

Ismail filed two separate complaints with BPD.

Last month, he received a letter from the department saying there is "not sufficient evidence" to prove he was mistreated.

"After the city had an opportunity to investigate this, look into it and take whatever actions it felt appropriate, even reprimand and acknowledge what occurred, something relative to discipline of the officers, they had that opportunity and they chose not to do it," said Ismail's attorney Rafael Gomez.

The department clarified to News 4 they are still investigating the altercation recorded on video but, as the letter stated, the initial interaction with Officer Fields has been internally resolved.

Ismail is still going ahead with a lawsuit against the City of Buffalo, BPD and the two officers.

It says the officers trespassed, abused their authority, and searched and seized his property without a warrant or probable cause.

"He still lives in this fear when he sees police officers that he isn't safe in his own home," said Gomez.

The suit also claims the City and BPD didn't properly investigate the incidents and has negligent and reckless hiring and supervision practices.

The city says it cannot comment on pending litigation.

We confirmed with county officials that Ismail does own the home he bought at auction. He continues to work on the home.

I would have no problem with that dude blowing her house up

Sounds like we aren't getting the full story with that house. Did it go to city auction? What is his dispute with the new owner? It sounds like he's either bitter he lost it and it was auctioned off or the plaintiff is a squatter. It is curious this all started exactly six months after the person supposedly bought the house. That's about the amount of time it takes to go through a full eviction process with a squatter here in CA.

We have his phone number, anyone want to call him?

That chick is a cunt

"We confirmed with county officials that Ismail does own the home he bought at auction. He continues to work on the home."

Thx. I'm guessing cop made some bad financial decisions and is now bitter. His subsequent actions are just a continuation of his poor decision-making.

Imagine that, a cop abusing their power.  

I don't understand the motivation of whoever is wrong in this situation. I assume the cop is wrong and maybe just has sour grapes cause he got foreclosed on or something, but what the hell is he or she hoping will happen? The jihadi is just going to get scared and run off, leaving his investment and sign if back over to the cop? It makes no sense given what we know, but I would like to know more facts about the situation.

Stupidnewbie - Sounds like we aren't getting the full story with that house. Did it go to city auction? What is his dispute with the new owner? It sounds like he's either bitter he lost it and it was auctioned off or the plaintiff is a squatter. It is curious this all started exactly six months after the person supposedly bought the house. That's about the amount of time it takes to go through a full eviction process with a squatter here in CA.
Well it says he purchased the house at auction

Fat fucking dumb cunt broad pretending to be a cop OBVIOUSLY knows the prior owner. We don't know how/why the prior owner lost the house, but that's not Apu's problem.

Cunt should be fired...

Stupidnewbie - Sounds like we aren't getting the full story with that house. Did it go to city auction? What is his dispute with the new owner? It sounds like he's either bitter he lost it and it was auctioned off or the plaintiff is a squatter. It is curious this all started exactly six months after the person supposedly bought the house. That's about the amount of time it takes to go through a full eviction process with a squatter here in CA.

He claimed he didn't know his grandma owed taxes on it and he didn't know it was sold at auction. I'm not really buying that. Clearly the guy would have told him he bought it at auction. So what did the cop do? Go look it up? Clear it up? The lady was saying he "was in court over it" so clearly he knew something was up. Trying to use your badge as a trump card isn't right.

billyball2 - Fat fucking dumb cunt broad pretending to be a cop OBVIOUSLY knows the prior owner. We don't know how/why the prior owner lost the house, but that's not Apu's problem.

Cunt should be fired...

Well yeah it is in the article I posted. She came by the first time with her friend, also a cop, who owned it previously and lost it.

Another article:

BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB)- A Brooklyn man claims Buffalo Police officers violated his constitutional rights when they kicked him off a property he bought on the city auction.

A BPD officer claims he still owns the house.

Mohammad Ismail bought the home at 369 Sherman St. on the city auction in October. He plans to move his family to Buffalo from Brooklyn.

"I feel proud this is my house," said Ismail.

He told News 4 he got the deed in January, then got a building permit and started working on the house this spring.

On April 18, Ismail said he and a cousin were working on the roof.

"Two officers show up, they're screaming from outside," described Ismail.

According to Ismail, it was a female officer and Christopher Fields, the previous owner.

The interaction that followed is now documented in a citizen's complaint Ismail filed the next day.

Under the "allegations" section of the complaint, Ismail wrote he was harassed. The complaint goes on to say an officer claimed he owned the house and the officer changed the locks.

"I have a deed, I have everything, look I have a work permit and I hand over to them," said Ismail. "They don't want to believe me."

Ismail said he was told not to return to the house and he could be arrested.

"I was very, you know, nervous," he said.

Ismail told News 4 he left and confirmed the next day at City Hall that the house is under his name.

He said he went back a few days later to continue working on the roof when the female officer returned with another officer.

Ismail's cousin recorded what happened next.

In the video the female officer says, "Did you not see the owner here the other day? You're trespassing. What don't you understand about that? If he comes here and he wants you locked up you can go to jail."

She goes on to say, "You don't have keys, he changed the locks, he told you that the other day. How did you get in the back of there? How did you get in the back of the house? How did you get in? He owns this house, you don't own it."

The female officer continues by saying "Get out now, go, goodbye or I'm going to take you to jail."

On the video Ismail asks the officers to call the building inspector for proof he owns the house. He agrees to leave.

The next day Ismail said he filed another complaint with BPD's Internal Affairs Office.

The Erie County Director of Real Property Tax Services, Joseph Maciejewski, confirmed to News 4 that Ismail owns the home, not Christopher Fields. Maciejewski said it was foreclosed upon because of unpaid sewer and city taxes.

News 4 confirmed through multiple city and county agencies that Ismail bought the home at auction for $14,000. Maciejewski said records show Ismail paid the back taxes as part of the sale.

"Whatever hope I bring over here... that hope is missing," said Ismail.

On May 5, Ismail's attorney Rafael Gomez filed a notice of claim with the City of Buffalo.

It says Ismail's constitutional rights were violated and he was harassed "without probable cause or reasonable good faith" he violated any laws.

It goes on to say Officer Fields and the female officer, whose name has not been confirmed, "abused their authority under the color of state law."

Buffalo Police told News 4 on Wednesday the Internal Affairs Office has opened an investigation into the matter. We reached out to Officer Fields through the Police Benevolent Association, city officials, and on social media. We're told he's unable to comment because there is an active internal affairs investigation.

PBA President Kevin Kennedy said in a statement, "..there appears to be a great deal of confusion about the ownership of this property. This confusion was created by the operations of the City of Buffalo's Corporation Counsel and the selling of property with back taxes and fee assessments. I do not believe that the City does its due diligence in notifying owners and lien holders when the City sells properties for back taxes."

Gomez said Ismail will meet with the city's attorney to give a statement next week.

As for timing, it says he bought got the deed January and started working in April as soon as he got the right permits. So the timing was due to him following all the laws.

In 

Fake Pie - 
Stupidnewbie - Sounds like we aren't getting the full story with that house. Did it go to city auction? What is his dispute with the new owner? It sounds like he's either bitter he lost it and it was auctioned off or the plaintiff is a squatter. It is curious this all started exactly six months after the person supposedly bought the house. That's about the amount of time it takes to go through a full eviction process with a squatter here in CA.

He claimed he didn't know his grandma owed taxes on it and he didn't know it was sold at auction. I'm not really buying that. Clearly the guy would have told him he bought it at auction. So what did the cop do? Go look it up? Clear it up? The lady was saying he "was in court over it" so clearly he knew something was up. Trying to use your badge as a trump card isn't right.

Agreed.

It's cut and dry, either the paperwork is in order and there is no legal basis for dispute or there is. If there is no legal basis for dispute, and even if there is, it seems like the "cops" were out of line, and if they are, they and the BPD should be sued, so then the jihadi can have even more money to turn another depressed town into a sharia friendly locale. Way to go, shit town cops!

In before AI, shows up. Angry Ismael that is.