Woman Dies After Being Attacked By Dog in her home

A 60-year-old woman has died after she was attacked by a dog inside her home in Fort Worth last month, officials said.

Officials said animal control officers were called to Sharon Rene Baldwin’s home on March 28 in regards to the dog attack.

Baldwin was taken to the hospital but succumbed to her injuries on Sunday, April 12.

According to officials, the investigation found that a man who lived in the home with the victim had found the dog a week before the attack. Officials said he was caring for the dog until its owner came forward. The relationship between the man and the woman is not known at this time.

Officials learned there seemed to be no issues between the two residents and the dog until that Saturday when something happened that led to the attack. Investigators believe the woman may have either rolled over the dog with her wheelchair or fell on top of it.

Officials said the dog bit the woman on her shoulder, arm and neck.

According to officials, the dog’s owner eventually came forward and surrendered the dog to animal control officers. The dog, which was a pit bull terrier, was euthanized on Monday, April 13.

Fort Worth Woman Dies After Being Attacked By Dog Inside Her Home

"The dog, which was a pit bull terrier,"

I don't believe that

1 Like

I No Kung Foo - 

I don't believe that

Exactly.  We all know that it's impossible to accurately identify a pitbull, unless of course it's wearing a funny hat and sunglasses.  

guess Kennelslice was a short lived project

2 Likes

"Woman kissed to death by pebble." 

In for the influx of sober, educated opinions about pitbulls.

64FordF100 - guess Kennelslice was a short lived project

Bwahahahaha vu

1 Like

Find pitbull, bring home to care for it with someone in a wheel chair in the house. Hell, the only thing missing is a couple toddlers in this equation. "Hey gang, found a pitbull on the street. Seems friendly. Let's keep him around for a while".

Another tragic corona virus death.

1 Like

jcblass - Another tragic corona virus death.

The only funny response this thread will have.

Brave pitbull bites coronavirus positive woman to vaccinate neighborhood children with his teeth! 

1 Like

angryinch - 
I No Kung Foo - 

I don't believe that

Exactly.  We all know that it's impossible to accurately identify a pitbull, unless of course it's wearing a funny hat and sunglasses.  

LOL.

Another victim of too many pibble cuddles.

It's the owner not the dog.

Could have been any breed.

We don't know it was a pit.

Pits are the most loyal breed ever.

My pit would never do that.

All the pit's I've ever know have been great around people.

Isolated incident.

Woman tasted like a ham sandwich.

sgotwalks -

Find pitbull, bring home to care for it with someone in a wheel chair in the house. Hell, the only thing missing is a couple toddlers in this equation. "Hey gang, found a pitbull on the street. Seems friendly. Let's keep him around for a while".

lol

yeah he "Rescued" or "fostered" a Pitty

an abandoned/abused Pitty is the ideal pet for a family with children, elderly, handicapped people

they have the best scores in Temperament tests...higher than Golden Retrievers! ! ! ! !

billyball2 - It's the owner not the dog.

Could have been any breed.

We don't know it was a pit.

Pits are the most loyal breed ever.

My pit would never do that.

All the pit's I've ever know have been great around people.

Isolated incident.

Woman tasted like a ham sandwich.

the handicapped elderly woman triggered the pitbull to attack

"all the pits ive known would never hurt a fly....But my aunt had a cocker spaniel that bit the mailman...so . . . . "

She ran the dog over with her wheelchair or fell on the dog. It didn't really know those people. 

jcblass - Another tragic corona virus death.

It isn't normal for a domestic dogto "defend" itself to the death. Pitties have an extra level that can be scary. It goes past defending itself and is straight up dominating and controlling the victim. 

Licks72 -

It isn't normal for a domestic dogto "defend" itself to the death. Pitties have an extra level that can be scary. It goes past defending itself and is straight up dominating and controlling the victim. 

but but but...Pitbulls have the highest scores on some random "Temperament test" that is often "cited"

they score higher than Yellow Labs, Golden Retrievers, Pugs, and other popular family breeds....so therefore pitbulls are just as good/better family pets and are not anymore dangerous than other breeds

Licks72 - 

Yep.  That's one of the problems with pits.  When they flip that switch, they keep going until their prey is dead.  Most dog bites, even fights between dogs, don't end up with a person or another dog dead.  With a pit in the mix you have a very good chance of the person or other dog it is attacking ending up either dead or seriously injured.  

Pits simply have an instinct to kill whatever it is they are attacking.