Woman Shot Dead in Georgia Supermarket For Telling Man to Wear a Face Mask

That’s why you should just mind your own business. Escalated interactions with strangers rarely ends up well.

11 Likes

Apparently, it was a black customer and a black employee.

Laquitta Willis dies after being shot by Palmetto man Victor Lee Tucker Jr. in Big Bear Supermarket, Decatur, Georgia Monday, June 14, 2021

June 15, 2021 Editor

SHARES

ShareTweet

Laquitta Willis dies after being shot by Palmetto man Victor Lee Tucker Jr. in Big Bear Supermarket, Decatur, Georgia Monday, June 14, 2021

Police have identified Laquitta Willis, 41, as the cashier in an Atlanta area supermarket who was fatally shot by 30-year-old Victor Lee Tucker Jr. of Palmetto after an argument over wearing face masks in the store. The shooting incident occurred in the Big Bear Supermarket iin Decatur, Georgia on Monday, June 14, 2021.

Laquitta Willis died from injuries suffered in the shooting Monday inside the Big Bear Supermarket in Decatur, DeKalb County police said Tuesday. The suspected shooter, 30-year-old Victor Lee Tucker Jr. of Palmetto, is charged with murder and aggravated assault.

weird. normally cashiers are shot by guys wearing masks

1 Like

Sadly, this.

There’s a lot of people with a lot of pent up pandemic lockdown anger out there.

Mixing that with voicing your opinion isn’t a wise option these days

1 Like

Publix’s here in Atlanta aren’t requiring face masks. Wonder why that place is? Or was she just taking it upon herself?

Masks are over at this point and retailers need to realize this. I honestly can’t believe a business in a small town in Georgia was even trying to enforce it.

Sounds like the security guard was possibly shot & shot the murderer. Both were injured & in the same hospital. Cocksucker left & came back in with a gun to kill her.

I blame white supremacists!!!

1 Like

Awful but I think a lot of people have sort of
Lost their mind … lots of rage and confusion out there