Wombat's Predictions for UFC 104 Machida vs Shogun

I miss the days when the UFC used to give every one of their events a name that sounded like a Jean-Claude Van Damme movie title, like "No Way Out", "High Impact" or "Bloodsport 4: The Dark Kumite". As much as I relentlessly mocked them for that, it still gave me something to work with. Now they seem to be more and more just naming their events after the main-event fighters, which seems a lot like naming your restaurant "Steak and Beer" instead of "Wild Uncle Jack's BBQ Pit and Liquor Fountain." Honestly, there's something to be said for marketing yourself with some pizazz. Calling it "UFC 104: One Punch, One Kill" would've sold more pay-per-views, I think, considering that the only people who know, or care, about either Machida or "Shogun" are MMA nerds such as myself and the average fight fan, complete with mohawk, god-awful Affliction shirt, pot-belly and two-pack-a-day smoking habit, probably would rather see Liddell take on Couture a fourth time than watch some fight between two guys who look like Mexicans but have Japanese names.

Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida Vs. Mauricio "Shogun" Rua

If you think "Shogun" stands a chance of winning this fight, please raise your hand. Ok, now clench that hand into a fist and please punch yourself wicked hard in the balls because you are an idiot. Seriously, what are you thinking? Sure, Rua was able to knock out Liddell, but who hasn't put "The Iceman" to sleep in the last few years? The man can't even compete on "Dancing With The Stars" for God's sake, so don't bring that trash into my house. And do I even need to mention Rua's fight with Mark Coleman? I'll admit that Coleman still has some game, but to see "Shogun" gassing out against him made me want to pry my eyes out with a spoon and throw them at the television in disgust. Balance that against Machida brutally KO'ing Rashad Evans, Thiago Silva and a slew of other top-shelf dudes and you have the makings of the biggest main-event travesty since Tito Ortiz beat up Ken Shamrock for the third time. Honestly, if Rua is able to last two rounds, I'll piss my pants in amazement. Bear that in mind if you are inviting me over to your house to watch the fights and your house has new carpets. My Guess: Machida by KO.

read the rest here ... http://www.fcfighter.com/news

Compliment/complain at wombat@fcfighter.com

Wombat's post = Pure Gold
I agree, Shogun is getting knocked out.