Women in Locker Room

At my first event I noticed that some fighters had their girlfriends in the locker room with them. Mind you that this is a shared locker room which is essentially a bathroom with lockers in it.

While there, all of the babbling and Highschool-type chit chat starts to get on your nerves. Should women be allowed in the fighters' locker room? Would you mind?

It kinda drove me crazy because I would have preferred a quiet environment with only other fighters in there.  It seems to bring down the mental preparation before a fight.

non professional IMO

women in the hotel rooms and after parties not in the dressing rooms.

My girlfriend wanted to come back...but I told her to sit in the stands like everyone else becuase I assumed that other fighters would look down on me if I brought her back there. I guess I am a little more curtious than some.

IMO, Women shouldn't be let into the locker rooms it distracts fighters and cause's there focus to else were. If you need your girlfriend to hold your hand until you step into the ring, you shouldnt be fighting MMA.

I don't let my woman come to grappling tournaments, let alone into the locker room at an MMA fight.

barefoot and pregnant

Albert "Joey" Belle says no.

It is pretty common. Only time I ever noticed my guy was gassed like hell after the fight and was sitting there pretty naked, but she didn't seem to care.

double f'ng standard.

who gives a shit. if it distracts you leave her outside. if somebody elses bitch distracts you that is a focus problem.

I almost always go in - but I'm very aware of all the fighters mental prep or afterwards hype and I keep my trap shut, I bring a book and run errands if needed.  Skip says that me just being there is calming to him and he wouldn't have to worry about me sitting alone or being bothered.  But females have to be prepared that it's a guy's dressing room and if he's scratching his ass or his balls; if he gets naked - it comes with that territory. 

Only in Colorado have I not been allowed and was virtually run out by Joe Mason.

There are some people - males and females alike that have no business in the locker rooms just from being disruptive and wanting to be the centerpiece.

later, lawdy

^^^except that when guys see a naked girl, we stare and eyefuck them. When a girl sees a guy naked she turns away and tries not to puke.

"At my first event I noticed that some fighters had their girlfriends in the locker room with them. Mind you that this is a shared locker room which is essentially a bathroom with lockers in it."

Totally unacceptable. Thats when you have your manager or cornerman politely but firmly tell the guy its not happening. Its cool to get to be backstage and see how shit is but with changing, warming up etc you dont need distractions.

We have a backstage "Commons" area that wives and girlfriends can enter, but are not allowed into the locker room unless they are the actual corner for the fighter.

"We have a backstage "Commons" area that wives and girlfriends can enter, but are not allowed into the locker room unless they are the actual corner for the fighter. "

That makes plenty of sense. We had a small cafateria area, but nowhere just to sit and relax. I am by no means trying to be sexist, but I just though there were unwritten rules about this kind of stuff.

..."Woman are for kitchens and bedrooms, IMO."

LMAO!

I wouldn't mind having a women there for after the fight. It would be cool to go back to the locker room and have sex after a victory.

Girls...to do tha dishes, Girls...to clean up my room, Girls...to do the laundry, Girls....and in tha bathroom.....GIRLS!

^^^I never once said that it was unprofessional. I just said it was distracting and wanted to know what everyone else thought. It seems that the majority don't like it either.