Women refs in a mans fight.

OP is an idiot, but I do agree that Kim Winslow is horrible. Male or female, this sport is too dangerous to have incompetent refs. Phone Post

This was the first time I've seen Kim Winslet ref in the UFC, but I saw her a bunch of times in the WEC. She does a great job - knows the rules and is fair.

All refs have to make decisions on a seconds notice, so eventually they will make a questionable call. Not that they are bad refs, but I've seen worse calls from Mazagatti and Lavigne than Winslet.

They're professionals - why not judge them based on their work and not decide beforehand that they can't do the job?

Kim Winslow's a good referee. Name one instance where she fucked something up. Anyone?

Winslow is just as good and effective as her male collegues.

Cris Cybory vs Jan Finney went on waaaaay too long imo. Shouldn't have gone to a 2nd round. That's winslow's only fuck up in my opinion

She did fine.

I agree that there should be some sort of size/strength requirement or even MMA training requirement for refs. Every once in a while a fighter gets knocked silly enough to grab the ref's leg, or refuses to stop fighting after the bell, etc. and the ref has to use some amount of physical force....but you can't expect every referee to be as strong or as skilled as the fighters. That's kind of silly. Think about the male refs - you think some of the smaller guys would actually be physically capable of breaking up a fight between the heavyweights if they were determined to keep going? C'mon guys - be realistic.

The uneducated refs (for example: the guy that made Marloes Coenen's armbar TIGHTER on Sarah Kaufmann when he was trying to stop the fight) are the ones that need to be booted - not a female ref solely on the basis of her being female.

On another note: As far as other professions, if you are able to perform the physical standards without any exception (firefighters, etc.) gender shouldn't matter. I do not believe in having a lower physical standard for women in the military, police force, or firefighting. If you can't hack the minimum physical test standards for men you aren't in. No exception. There should not be two different physical standards for the same job - why bother having standards at all then?

Matt le kat - Cris Cybory vs Jan Finney went on waaaaay too long imo. Shouldn't have gone to a 2nd round. That's winslow's only fuck up in my opinion

ah yes. That was a notable mishap but otherwise she's done well for herself....

The cyborg fight got a little too nasty. Otherwise she is as good as any. I really don't care what sex the ref is. If Kim catches a ko in the ring she will shake it off like any other ref who's been dropped over the years. Phone Post

Makes no sense and shows that people care more about PC image than actual safety. My friend fought at 205 and had a woman ref. Thats absurd.

she was late last night.

all the way across the octagon

In the Davis fight that chick was on the complete other side of the octagon. She was way late for the stoppage Stephens could have done more damage by the time she got there if he wanted to. She needs to retake the class on position of where refs should be in a fight. She was scared to jump in between the LW's much less how scared she would be with the big boys fighting.

Can anyone make a gif of when she stopped that fight?

She stuck her hands out, and her face kind of looked like she was bracing herself incase she got hit, and took her sweet ass time to stop the fight.

She's obviously very scared of getting hit, which is why I don't like her reffing matches.

If you're going to ref I think it's a given that every blue mooon you're going to take a shot or 2, because a good ref JUMPS in the middle of a fight where one guy is sleeping and the other is banging away from hishead. The ref is putting his body on the line to save the fighter.

This kim winslow chick looks very scared to get in there and get physical, I'm sure alot of chicks wouldn't be and could do a fine job, but this kim lady cannot.

It's not that she's a woman, it's the fact that she's scared, indecisive, and is going to get someone hurt one day.

Kim Winslow v. Steve Mazagatti. FIGHT!

GROUCHY SMURF - 
octowussy - Trolling or just a retard? Sometimes it's hard to tell here.

Trolling? Are you serious?

Kim is a joke, pure window dressing for liberal queers. It's totally unsafe and makes a mockery of our sport. If they wanna keep scrapping, she can't do shit about it

If she wants to ref then cool, good for her...let her ref the girls

I have to agree with Grouchy but I also believe that women can have their own thing and deserve it. Lets face it we are not equals. Women are often smarter then men and many other things but as far as physical ability they are not as strong. It should not be a womens job to referee two men fighting and I am tired of you liberal pukes justifying it. One person asked me if I train, the answer is yes but I am a boxer and wrestled in my adolescent days. Even if I did not I feel this is a subject that any rational person who has played any sport would know. I DO NOT believe that a womans place is in the kitchen and believe they have every right to pursue anything they want and achieve whatever they want. I also believe there are certain jobs that should be left to men, like refereeing two deadly trained fighting machines twice her size in many cases.

octowussy - ONE unanswered punch got through. One whole punch.

You people are really grasping at straws here in attempt to justify your chauvinistic horseshit.

OP had plenty of misspellings and errors in a few different posts, but went ahead and edited them before they claimed they didn't make any. Classy.

Octo, anyone on here more then 3 weeks knows that I am somewhat articulate and do not make many spelling mishaps and I swear on the eyes of my children I did not go back and correct. You were just being a whiny bitch not able to back up his ideas and drew at straws and attacked my intellect.

So Sexism is ok now is it.

Can I repost the original post and replace the words women/ woman with word black/ white / Japanese / etc, is racism ok too?

I thought the Internet would help progress ignorant fucks but obviously not. Hopefully one day your stuck in a burning building with only female fire crew, sure you'll be too much of man to refuse help.

She might have been a bit slow but how many threads are there on here about male refs being slow. nothing to do with the ref being female.

So Sexism is ok now is it.

Can I repost the original post and replace the words women/ woman with word black/ white / Japanese / etc, is racism ok too?

I thought the Internet would help progress ignorant fucks but obviously not. Hopefully one day your stuck in a burning building with only female fire crew, sure you'll be too much of man to refuse help.

She might have been a bit slow but how many threads are there on here about male refs being slow. nothing to do with the ref being female.

Would a ref of any specific race be less able to perform the functions the job requires?

Did you think this through, at all?

A woman lacks not only the physicality to stop an athletic fighter of any size whos caught up in the moment, but is also far less likely to have the lifelong martial arts experience and perspective that is crucial to making split second decisions in the cage.

Do any of you think these women MMA and boxing refs/judges have 15+ years of boxing, wrestling, BJJ, MT etc experience having been involved and around those sports inside and out? Most of them are married to or know people from the commisions and go through the course and get appointed.

jps1012 -  I agree. Don't like seeing woman doctors in the ufc let alone refs. Phone Post

+1