Women's MMA

Need I say more?

Do you really care?

The skill disparity with the men is astounding.It is like an elementary school Football team vs the Patriots.

Matthew4Freedom -

Need I say more?

Do you really care?

The skill disparity with the men is astounding.It is like an elementary school Football team vs the Patriots.

Umm I'd say that Joanna has more striking skill than 75% of male UFC fighters. It just so happens that humans who weigh 115lbs do not possess a lot of power. 

bigconk74fe -
Matthew4Freedom -

Need I say more?

Do you really care?

Umm I'd say that Joanna has more striking skill than 75% of male UFC fighters. It just so happens that humans who weigh 115lbs do not possess a lot of power. 

Level of competition is paramount. DJ is not the best either. And Yair had fought no one.

I hate wmma. That being said I LOVE watching Joanna

Whether you like it or not, there is a market for it. I thought both women's fights tonight did not stand out in any bad way tonight. 

Joanna is amazing the crowd was silent mesmerized

MMA MELEE - Joanna is amazing the crowd was silent mesmerized

I don't mind Joanna but lol if you actually think that

Outside of maybe 3-5 total fighters in womens mma its crisp striking at a non engaging distance, followed by sloppy punches when they get close enough to engage, then a headlock attempt by a fighter that gets the other to the ground, then said fighter holds onto the headlock while giving up position, and finally a pathetic scramble as no one has a semblance of ground control.

Unless its a Ronda level destroyer keep womens mma to invicta. No one tunes into the NBA to watch the WNBA. Keep it in its own thing and lets womens mma live or die on its own merits, not propped up by mens fights.

The skill disparity is bad enough, but when people wont even watch MM fight you know its just a losing battle to keep them on unless your goal is filler to get more money from people over the course of the year and not make cards as stacked as they were 10+ years ago.

RenzoStudent2004 - Outside of maybe 3-5 total fighters in womens mma its crisp striking at a non engaging distance, followed by sloppy punches when they get close enough to engage, then a headlock attempt by a fighter that gets the other to the ground, then said fighter holds onto the headlock while giving up position, and finally a pathetic scramble as no one has a semblance of ground control.

Unless its a Ronda level destroyer keep womens mma to invicta. No one tunes into the NBA to watch the WNBA. Keep it in its own thing and lets womens mma live or die on its own merits, not propped up by mens fights.

The skill disparity is bad enough, but when people wont even watch MM fight you know its just a losing battle to keep them on unless your goal is filler to get more money from people over the course of the year and not make cards as stacked as they were 10+ years ago.
Oh course the game plan is to make money across the years it was just bought 4.2 billion. That means you can pay them $100,000 a dday for the next 115 years and then you still didnt pay it off yet

Matthew4Freedom -
bigconk74fe -
Matthew4Freedom -

Need I say more?

Do you really care?

Level of competition is paramount. DJ is not the best either. And Yair had fought no one.

I do agree to an extent but the competition will rise over time. Let us not forget that these divisions are still really new. 

Almost always a waste of time.  If you think Gollum is attractive you probably are a braille reader. Also you are gay and for gays. She is the women's version of the decisionator.  Some of which are very suspect, like the 1st Gadelha fight, which no one thinks she won. She has 4 KOs out of 14; 28%.  Just like Woodley is the KO king. 6 of 21; also 28%.  Take your Rogan hyperbole and stick it.

The only WMMA worth watching is Mackenzie Dern and it isn't for her application of BJJ in MMA. Not only is her striking awful, but her takedowns are garbage as well.  You certainly can not Maia it up if your TKDs are shit and you won't pull guard.  My only interest in her are her TITTIES.  I apologize that is not an honest assessment. I dig her big Brazilian ass, too.

It needs time to mature but it's nowhere near the men's game. I doubt it ever will be. 

yes, because when the sport started and men were it they were all world class strikers and technicians. lol the fragile egos.

mdrndaysamurai - I hate wmma. That being said I LOVE watching Joanna

I don't hate it but I only intentionally watch Joanna and Paige fight, and even then for 2 very different reasons. The only other time I watch it is because it's in the middle of a card. 

Not interested and don't really believe there's a market for it.

It's a mixed bag some good fights some not so good but sometimes the girls haven't been the worst fight on the card.

Soul Gravy - Not interested and don't really believe there's a market for it.

Could be the dumbest comment ever on the UG and that is saying something.

you can't possibly be that stupid!

209ese - As a mma fan seeing their skill level at the ufc level is an embarrassment to the sport. Send that shit back to invicta.

Nick Diaz is a huge fan of Joanna. Maybe learn from your leader.

Matthew4Freedom -
bigconk74fe -
Matthew4Freedom -

Need I say more?

Do you really care?

I want to reiterate the importance of the level of competition here. There is none in WMMA.

I am a very average Brown Belt BJJ hobbyist. You put me with a teenager or a woman and it isn't hard to look like a world beater.

Frame of reference, context and level of competition are everything. 

Did DJ look like a killer when he fought the Decisionator, Cruz?