Won tickets to see the Smashing Pumpkins tonight!

Let me preface this by saying I like the smashing pumpkins, but don’t love them.

In the hierarchy of 90s bands they weren’t really in my top 10.

With all that being said, was dropping the kids off to school thr other morning and on the way back was stopped at a red light. Listening to ALT 92.3 and the DJ was like “Caller 92 wins tickets to see The Smashing Pumpkins at an invite only show at Irving Plaza”.

Since I was stuck at the red light, and I know that this red light takes forever I thought “Fuck it, let me call”.

Phone starts ringing, light turns green and dude picks up and says “Congratulations, you’re the 92 caller!!!”

Fucking wild.

So, while I despise this is on a “School night” I can’t pass up the opportunity to see an iconic 90s band like SP in such an intimate setting so going to suck it up and check it out.

Queen B Beyonce GIF

32 Likes

I’ll miss you pumpkins, but I just can’t share your bleak world view.

7 Likes

Pretty cool, definitely a top 10 90’s band for me. Enjoy!

5 Likes

Fuck yeah!

They have heaps of great songs, today, zero, tonight tonight, cherub Rock, 1979, today

Enjoy my crippled friend

7 Likes

Congrats on!!! I went to a pumpkins show and this hot chick walked towards me looking me in the Eye excited. She suddenly stopped and puked. It was all mushrooms lol. She then wandered off. Fuck my life cus she Was hot

6 Likes

2nd place in the contest was 4 tickets to see the Smashing Pumpkins

13 Likes

Going to the Uncasville show in Oct.

Irving would definitely be better. Love that place.

3 Likes

Hope they’re better than lollapalooza 25 or so years ago . So bad that he was apologizing for sucking

Siamese Dream Is the iconic album as it should be, but man those couple albums before rocked really hard

2 Likes

2 Likes

this is relevant to my interests. this was 2 nights ago. looks awesome, imo

1 Like

Make sure you slap the shoulder before you clothesline Billy Corgan.

Tell him your death metal band is why you talk that way.

1 Like

I have been to a lot of concerts and am a SP fan. They are one of the best bands I have seen live.

2 Likes

One of my favorite 90’s bands. Pisces iscariot and Siamese dream were amazing

4 Likes

Now I’m going to have to listen to Zero

3 Likes

Funny thing is I’ve been to probably 100s of concerts including all of the popular festivals throughout the years and somehow never caught SP.

My sister saw them a few years ago and said they were great live so I’m pretty psyched.

Downside is I actually have to go down to shithole NYC to see the show but I’ll deal with it.

1 Like

Shit I forgot that one, an it’s probably my favourite

I felt so cool back in the day wearing that t shirt

1 Like

You’re going to need to be more specific.

1 Like

I saw them in 2018, they were great live.

Billy Corgan is 3 years older now than Roy Orbison when he died. Weird to see perceptions of age change depending on music style

3 Likes