Wonder Woman 2 bad sign

Apparently WW was too much of a success so they decided to hire Kristen Wiig to play Cheetah as the villain. WTF are they thinking?

She's a great actress. What's the problem?

She is not a great actress the only thing she can play is a clutzy, awkward goofball.

That actually sounds awesome.  She could bring some humor, which the movie could use.

Great actress and humor? Are we talking about the same person? Horrible signing. But not as bad as Ezra Miller 

Is Zach Snyder involved? No?

Then it's automatically got a better chance to succeed than most DC movies so far.

I can't see Kristen Wiig as Cheetah.  If I'm honest, I really don't see Kristen Wiig as credible in any action-oriented role.

paw - 

I can't see Kristen Wiig as Cheetah.  If I'm honest, I really don't see Kristen Wiig as credible in any action-oriented role.

Yes. If WW cannot just swat her aside like a fly it makes the entire thing look stupid. HUGE mistake on Patty Jenkins part.

BigWilliam - 
paw - 

Yes. If WW cannot just swat her aside like a fly it makes the entire thing look stupid. HUGE mistake on Patty Jenkins part.

Agreed.

I'm trying to think but failing to find anyone who was primarily known for comedy and made a good action/hero/villian.

Thage - 
BigWilliam - 
paw - 

Agreed.

I'm trying to think but failing to find anyone who was primarily known for comedy and made a good action/hero/villian.

Well in particular someone known for comedy and that has such and incredibly awkward way about them. This is on par with jesse eisentwerp as Lex Luthor stupid.

BigWilliam - 
Thage - 
BigWilliam - 
paw - 

Agreed.

Well in particular someone known for comedy and that has such and incredibly awkward way about them. This is on par with jesse eisentwerp as Lex Luthor stupid.

Agreed, although at least he had the Social Network under his belt and did a good job in it.

Aside from small parts in The secret life of Walter Mitty and the Martian she hasn't really done anything outside of comedy. Nothing remotely dark, or anything that would indicate her ability to be a villian.

I predict this performance will be Halle Berry in Catoman levels of bad.

I think it is a very bad choice but I'll hold out some hope. I thought Gal Gadot would be a horrible WW since she was too thin and the movie was going to be complete feminist trash. I was thankfully proven wrong on both. I just hope the reason they are casting a more comedic actress is not because they are going the Marvel direction and making every line a yuk yuk joke.

So I'm the only one that thought WW was greatly overrated?

LittleKang - 

Not at all.

paw - 
LittleKang - 

Not at all.

Overrated in the sense they called a decent movie amazing and one of the best things ever? Absolutely it was. It was fine, even good in some parts. But I would not rate it higher than a 6.5 out of 10.

LittleKang -

I thought it was very good personally. As far as solo superhero movies I think it was one of the best. The Dark Knight is my favorite though as far as solo hero movies. Also add in it was an origin story which they are normally boring.  I liked the tone how it was not dark but also not completely filled with yuk yuk jokes like Marvel, which is how most good comics are. Now most DC movies try to be another Dark Knight which does not work for most heroes and now most Marvel movies try to be a 3 stooges comic which works for no heroes.

People hate the cgi action scenes. I was at least happy WW seemed to be a powerful character which she is. At least DC does not tone down their heroes too much in the solo movies like WW or Superman. Either Thor or Iron Man movie I do not get the same feeling.

BigWilliam -
Thage - 
BigWilliam - 
paw - 

Agreed.

First, I agree. I don't see her being good as cheetah or in any action role really. But how crazy would it be if she went on to put on a performance like heath ledgers joker? 

Thage - 
BigWilliam - 
paw - 

Agreed.

Eddie Murphy

Kurt Russell

paw - 

People said the same thing about Chris Pratt (another comedian turned action hero), who was best known for playing a lovable chubby moron on a network sitcom prior to being cast as Star Lord in Guardians of the Galaxy.