Wonder Y Were U Interested MMA?

Do you ever watch MMA now and see two bloodied men or now even women taking some awful beating and think to yourself, why was I ever interested in that?

I understand the interest in Martial Arts for self-defense but MMA is a sport of two well conditioned athletes training for months to meet some other athlete in a limited rules fight where one or both may endure a bizarre beating.

And for self-defense if it is obvious you are facing a menacing threat then why not just pepper-spray that trouble-causer?  If some Bluto is trying to bully me then it is because he or she probably has some advantage or they would not think to try and test me so why would I think to engage in a rough-&-tumble with some HuskyFat Helga which has a superior physical advantage it just wouldn't be very smart for me to do that at all and why would I not apply intelligence to solve that equation?  

and yes I am 5'5" and so there probably are some MMA women which could be a menace to me and no I do not wish to forge myself into the look of a English Bulldog which is a fantastic dog but not a smart look for a human man so I have no interest in lifting weights to "bulk up" which could suggest a "my bark is worse than my bite" weightlifting HuskyFat presentation.

Wondering why you are in The Wrong Forum Asshole!

4 later

5'5? That explains everything.

YOURDADDYDEVILANDLORD -

Wondering why you are in The Wrong Forum Asshole!

you must not have noticed how I applied the grammar method of "past tense" to address the people which came to this forum for the MMA but stayed for the OG :)

alley - 5'5? That explains everything.

what exactly do you mean by "everything"?

Yes

I've lost interest. Though I still watch it every now and then, like a few fights a year max.

If your thread is serious, this is what I say all the time.  What the hell is the point of two people who are no threat to each other in the real world trying to basically put each other through a car windshield?   The last round of the stipe fight should have given everyone a moment of clarity.  Like what the hell are we doing here ?  

If a baseball player gets hit in head with baseball.... dead silence from crowd and players basically crying and praying

5 hit combo in mma where a guy gets his orbital shattered and ko'd with a headkick...... winner jumping on cafe flexing while announcers and crowd go crazy 

Remember being little kids and constantly play fighting?

I never grew out of that. I took different martial arts as a kid and knew it wasn't real fighting because whenever we'd 'battle' i.e MMA rules, the karate kids and the boxers would gets mauled if they just used their karate and boxing. And when I was in karate or boxing class, I'd ask questions that the instructors didn't like. When I saw UFC I knew it was legit.

Its gotten old though. Redundant at this point once you watched it for 20+ years. Nothing new but names.

karasu - 
alley - 5'5? That explains everything.

what exactly do you mean by "everything"?

Your anti-weights schtick. If you added 10 lbs of muscle, you'd balloon up like He-man.

I still like it, but at times it is difficult to reconcile being entertained by it given the damage I know for certain these guys are doing to their brains and bodies.

Most Whole Foods have armed security guards at the front of the store OP.  Run to them, they will protect you.

I got into it at first just watching growing up. Something compelling about two guys going head to head in boxing or MMA.

I started training as a way to continue my athletic career after other sports.

Exercise, self defense, and most importantly the competition. I love to compete and test myself.

And really it is ton of fun.

i wouldn't overestimate your lipstick pepper spray if someone if actually pissed at you, best to run like hell.

I like mmma cause action movies and fighting are cool as a kid and seeing people do it IRL made me an instant fan.

Girly -

If your thread is serious, this is what I say all the time.  What the hell is the point of two people who are no threat to each other in the real world trying to basically put each other through a car windshield?   The last round of the stipe fight should have given everyone a moment of clarity.  Like what the hell are we doing here ?  

If a baseball player gets hit in head with baseball.... dead silence from crowd and players basically crying and praying

5 hit combo in mma where a guy gets his orbital shattered and ko'd with a headkick...... winner jumping on cafe flexing while announcers and crowd go crazy 

If your thread is serious, this is what I say all the time.-----

this made me laugh :) 

My threads are always serious but I try to enjoy them in a not-so-serious method of discussion  :)

Fan of Fanboys -

I know why for me 

Grew up watching martial arts movies and remember loving the show WMAC Masters. And I wrestled so a natural progression when combine all 3

watching martial arts movies and WMAC is fantasy.  It's fun, like Pro-Wrestling.  Completely Reasonable.  In fact maybe more reasonable that Pro-Wrestling because I think those Pro-Wrestlers suffere a lot of damage?  

StarWARS is fun but maybe REAL WARS not-so-much.  I understand the concept of Mr. Miyagi TMA a lot better now than before.  Training obsessively for months to face another fellow in a controlled limited rules sport where each will try to do severe violence to the other just seems uncivilized and barbaric to me now at my advanced age.  And TMA which makes habit of severe training to condition the body seems ricidulous to me.  What good is that if you will just going to be plagued by arthritis?  

as I am older now I know the effects of youthful indiscretion and the value of a healthy body not plauged by past traumas and how those old achievments are just "dust collectors" of "I coulda/was a contender" which doesn't matter because it was the past and what matters is the present.  

I remember when a BJJ bluebelt was a really big deal....then a black belt.....and now champions are forgotten so quickly and replaced by the next big deal that it seems to have the risk/reward benefit statisic of marriage!  

summary, I am getting old but maybe wiser?