Wonderboy is the new Machida

On his bike, waiting for the counter for round after round- has awesome kicks that are rarely used- point fight style. No clinch,sucker for a right hand, no wrestling-      great talent, no killer instinct displayed-- it was either he just didn't want it bad enough,bad corner advise or was so worried about being taken down that he couldn't pull the trigger. Liked like just about every Machida fight I ever watched. I promise the fight metric will show he lost the numbers game- now what?

Machida has pretty good wrestling, IMO.

Once Machida made it to the top rankings he was dynamic. He was conservative on his way up though. 

Very original comparison. You're way ahead of your time.

Also Karate background, that only trained with his father.

I watched Machida, Wonderboy is no Machida.

I agree, Wonderboy couldn't pull the trigger in both fights against Woodley

Woodley on the other hand pulled the trigger twice on him (that's racist I know), almost finishing him in the 3rd of the first fight and 5th last night

I seriously have no idea how people are scoring for Thompson, and I like Thompson too but he never had Woodley in trouble

Wonderboy can still be champ soon because he's still young and a top level striker, but he needs to add more to his arsenal like basic wrestling takedowns, ground n pound etc. He should go back and watch classic Anderson fights to see how a true high level striker pulls the trigger

Woodley was literally standing in front of him and Wonderboy did nothing besides those headkicks in the 4th. He choked, plain and simple, which is ironic because Woodley used to be the one who usually chokes in big fights

As much as everyone like to compare the two I think they are quite different in terms of how their styles work. 

Machida is deadlier and more tactical.

Both are boring. I prefer machida though. Wonderboy is a nice guy, and talented but he's always a snooze fest, even when he finishes guys.

Gucci2x -

Also Karate background, that only trained with his father.

I knew i was missing something, thx for point that important part out

209ese - Wondering ain't no juicehead
It was DHEA dork, not exactly a roid head.

Machida hits harder better rush
Faster
Better boxing defenses

Better chin
Wonderboy same size as machida basically. Machida takes bombs from lhw wonderboy drops everytime something remotelt hits him

The biggest issue is they look great when they are knocking people out. When they aren't, it's generally less exciting.

It's a problem for them given that they are top notch fighters fighting other top notch fighters.

Canooke - Machida has pretty good wrestling, IMO.

They both have very good defensive wrestling. (Wonderboy has only been taken down twice by Woodley in two fights and did great against Hendricks).

Machida utilizes sumo style trips in a way that Wonderboy has never shown.

submit1337 - Machida is deadlier and more tactical.

This. Wonderboy is flashier but Machida was way more deadly. One punch and you were out. Also the foot trips from hell.

NicolasRGC - 
submit1337 - Machida is deadlier and more tactical.

This. Wonderboy is flashier but Machida was way more deadly. One punch and you were out. Also the foot trips from hell.

Way more power, for sure.

Machida in his prime was a sight to behold. The way he destroyed Rashad and Thiago Silva and Bader and Couture... fuck. I've yet to see Wonderboy pull off a streak like that.

When Machida fought Shogun and won that decision - that was a tense high level striking match that was close. I don't see Wonderboy being able to do that. 

machida was very good at not getting hit in his day