Wonderboy is the new Machida

Machida almost got triangled by Tito....

ThunderlipsTapped - Machida almost got triangled by Tito....

Sure. A Tito who was years past his prime almost submitted prime Rashad and did submit Bader.

Wonderbread can't hold Machida's jock strap

TheDecider -

Wonderbread can't hold Machida's jock strap

I don't know about that. I'd love to see the two of them go at it @ 185 for 5 rounds tho

Comparing the two i immidietly find several differences.

Lyoto is way better with tripping/sweeping. THis comes from his very original karate point background(japanese roots). WOnderboy comes from american karate and kickboxing wich to be honest dont implement trips/sweeps the same way lyotos style does.

Lyoto threatens the Body a lot more then wonderboy. With both bodykicks and KNEES. Lyoto has some devestating knees that have broken down several fighters - I havent really seen that from WB yet so - That makes Lyoto more deverse and diffucult to read.

Wonderboy is a fantastic counterstriker and headkicker but he is not as complete as Lyoto machida. He is marely a PADAWAN (compared to lyoto).... <3

Sabaki -

Comparing the two i immidietly find several differences.

Lyoto is way better with tripping/sweeping. THis comes from his very original karate point background(japanese roots). WOnderboy comes from american karate and kickboxing wich to be honest dont implement trips/sweeps the same way lyotos style does.

Lyoto threatens the Body a lot more then wonderboy. With both bodykicks and KNEES. Lyoto has some devestating knees that have broken down several fighters - I havent really seen that from WB yet so - That makes Lyoto more deverse and diffucult to read.

Wonderboy is a fantastic counterstriker and headkicker but he is not as complete as Lyoto machida. He is marely a PADAWAN (compared to lyoto).... <3

but you have to admit, their styles in the cage are very similar. I never quite got over Machida kicking Handys toof out though. sad night

OG2006 -

When Machida fought Shogun and won that decision - that was a tense high level striking match that was close. I don't see Wonderboy being able to do that. 

I'm a fan of Machida but no way he should've won the first fight with shogun, even Lyoto knew that.

Machida at his absolute best was a machine. When he won the belt, I thought he'd be champ for a long time and never could have fathomed his reign on top would be so short

MayorPickle - Machida at his absolute best was a machine. When he won the belt, I thought he'd be champ for a long time and never could have fathomed his reign on top would be so short

Not with the way Joe was talkin him up either "Welcome to the beginning of the Machida Era!"

jasperb -
209ese - Wondering ain't no juicehead
It was DHEA dork, not exactly a roid head.
7-keto dhea at that, you can buy it at a health food store and dr oz told old women to take it to lose weight. Thats how it got popular

Blazing Knees -

On his bike, waiting for the counter for round after round- has awesome kicks that are rarely used- point fight style. No clinch,sucker for a right hand, no wrestling-      great talent, no killer instinct displayed-- it was either he just didn't want it bad enough,bad corner advise or was so worried about being taken down that he couldn't pull the trigger. Liked like just about every Machida fight I ever watched. I promise the fight metric will show he lost the numbers game- now what?

OP makes a good point, and I agree.  Machida's fights used to really annoy the shit out of me, same with Fitch.  It got to the point where I couldn't watch either of them fight anymore.  I feel that way about Dom Cruz as well, same with Mighty Mouse.  It's boring to me to see dudes just doing the Frankie Edgar point fighting, look busy shit.  Hell, even GSP started doing that and I couldn't watch him fight anymore.

Even if a guy doesn't win all his fights, but he fights like a beast, I'll always get excited and geared up for their fights.  I love watching Anthony Johnson fight, Meathead fight, Liddel was great when he fought.  Those guys brought action, every single time, unless their eyes were getting poked out.

Wonderboy only looks good against inexperienced strikers who keep their heads straight up, otherwise he can be brutally boring like Machida was.