Woodley is what Kaepernick wished he was

I don't necessarily agree with what he's saying, particularly about receiving promotion or getting the push maybe other white athletes are. But I also don't discount his experience having to grow up in Missouri which has a history of deep seeded racial tension (no blame, no one's fault, just a fact).

But at least he doesn't sound like a fucking moran. I heard him MMA Hour. And he was clear and honest and made his point eloquently without falling back to sound bites. He's a smart guy with a lot to say and good on him for saying it. Kaepernick came off as a misinformed dipshit repeating false narratives and echoing soundbites. Nothing was his own original thought. It's who we all were in high school or college when we become a little more aware and rebellious and think the whole world is full of injustice.

But Woodley is actually a great person, a great role model and is able to convey his point of view without sounding stupid.

I don't like him.

HunchyRedux - I don't necessarily agree with what he's saying, particularly about receiving promotion or getting the push maybe other white athletes are. But I also don't discount his experience having to grow up in Missouri which has a history of deep seeded racial tension (no blame, no one's fault, just a fact).

But at least he doesn't sound like a fucking moran. I heard him MMA Hour. And he was clear and honest and made his point eloquently without falling back to sound bites. He's a smart guy with a lot to say and good on him for saying it. Kaepernick came off as a misinformed dipshit repeating false narratives and echoing soundbites. Nothing was his own original thought. It's who we all were in high school or college when we become a little more aware and rebellious and think the whole world is full of injustice.

But Woodley is actually a great person, a great role model and is able to convey his point of view without sounding stupid.

Always a good thing when people can properly articulate their points. We need more people like that.

Sorry but the interview I saw with Woodley and Thompson together, Woodley came off as a fucking moran to me at least.

Claimed racism and not receiving a push and cited Mighty Mouse as well as the Jon Jones hatred.

For one, Mighty Mouse isnt pushed because people typically dont have a ton of interest in him.

Theres a good portion of the population who consider 5'3 125lb men as midgets, regardless of their fighting abilities.

And people hate Jon Jones because he has god given talent and just takes it for granted and thats besides driving while high or drunk, which I think we can all agree on is an extremely selfish thing to do.

One last thing.

Kaepernick makes $12M a year and is a pretty well known name across North America.

10% of the people who know who Kaepernick is MIGHT know who Woodley is. In other words, theres nothing about Woodley that Kaepernick wishes he was. And I say that as someone who HATES Kaepernick.

First thing: I've always loved your SN.

Second: I agree that during the ESPN interview, he came across somewhat disjointed and maybe a little off the cuff. But on the MMAHour, he had much more well constructed thoughts and some of the points he made were good, not all but he did raise some things that are very good thought experiments.

Third: of course when you compare Woodley to Kaep on almost every level, Kaep comes out on top. Money, notoriety, etc. But what I mean is not that Kaep wishes he WAS Woodley. More that Woodley is what Kaep was going for and failed because he doesn't actually know what he's talking about and is borderline retarded.

Kaepernick is probably fine being Kaepernick

Full black?