Woodley/Thompson: MMA decision poll

http://mmadecisions.com/decision/7832/Tyron-Woodley-vs-Stephen-Thompson

Surprisingly pretty mixed:

- 5 for Woodley
- 6 for Thompson
- 8 draws

Wow what a huge sample size OP

If they had used the new scoring criteria, yeah rd 5 wouldve been 10-8 draw.

But they were using the old ones. No way under old scoring that was 10-8.

WB won that gd fight.

Its a poll of writers

People pay way too much attention to Rogan. 

lol look at the sources for Woodley compared to sources for WB/draw

NEWSFLASH - lol look at the sources for Woodley compared to sources for WB/draw

what about them?

NEWSFLASH - If they had used the new scoring criteria, yeah rd 5 wouldve been 10-8 draw.

But they were using the old ones. No way under old scoring that was 10-8.

WB won that gd fight.
Clear as day

Lot of varied scores, lot of guys scoring rounds 10-10. Those rounds were even as fuck but you have to give them to Wonderboy due to aggression and octagon control. There really are only 2 reasonable scores. 48-47 Thompson, 47-47 draw. Anything else is indicative of someone who doesn't know what they're watching.

Fwiw, the fan survey leans Thompson pretty heavily

MayorPickle - Lot of varied scores, lot of guys scoring rounds 10-10. Those rounds were even as fuck but you have to give them to Wonderboy due to aggression and octagon control. There really are only 2 reasonable scores. 48-47 Thompson, 47-47 draw. Anything else is indicative of someone who doesn't know what they're watching.

Like Dominic Cruz who gave the fight to Woodley?

I gave Woodley round 1 but thought it could've gone either way.

MayorPickle - Lot of varied scores, lot of guys scoring rounds 10-10. Those rounds were even as fuck but you have to give them to Wonderboy due to aggression and octagon control. There really are only 2 reasonable scores. 48-47 Thompson, 47-47 draw. Anything else is indicative of someone who doesn't know what they're watching.

That's what I'm thinking so pretty surprised to see 5 writers score it for Woodley.

daba - 
MayorPickle - Lot of varied scores, lot of guys scoring rounds 10-10. Those rounds were even as fuck but you have to give them to Wonderboy due to aggression and octagon control. There really are only 2 reasonable scores. 48-47 Thompson, 47-47 draw. Anything else is indicative of someone who doesn't know what they're watching.

Like Dominic Cruz who gave the fight to Woodley?

I gave Woodley round 1 but thought it could've gone either way.

Really? Did he say that during the broadcast?

Woodley won the fight as a whole. They judged it right 

Acidic - 

Woodley won the fight as a whole. They judged it right 

A bit like Hendo/Ninja, Hendo/Busta 2. Def had the most dominant moments of the fight but he was either losing or doing nothing for like 85% of the fight as well.

PRIDE rules: Woodley wins by actually fighting for three minutes
UFC rules: Wonderboy wins by Octagon control 3 rounds to 2 rounds

Personally, I would say draw

If I was a judge, I would say Woodley so I don't have to see them fight again

Wasa-B -
MayorPickle - Lot of varied scores, lot of guys scoring rounds 10-10. Those rounds were even as fuck but you have to give them to Wonderboy due to aggression and octagon control. There really are only 2 reasonable scores. 48-47 Thompson, 47-47 draw. Anything else is indicative of someone who doesn't know what they're watching.

That's what I'm thinking so pretty surprised to see 5 writers score it for Woodley.
Them being writers doesn't mean shit though, especially in the MMA space. MMA writers are pretty guys who started an MMA website or work for those who did.

Look at John Pollock, one of the guys who scored it Woodley. He got his job at TFN as a pro wrestling guy. He's not more knowledgeable about than you, me, or anyone else out there who watches a lot of MMA.

MayorPickle - 
Wasa-B -

Them being writers doesn't mean shit though, especially in the MMA space. MMA writers are pretty guys who started an MMA website or work for those who did.

Look at John Pollock, one of the guys who scored it Woodley. He got his job at TFN as a pro wrestling guy. He's not more knowledgeable about than you, me, or anyone else out there who watches a lot of MMA.

True. I think Mindenhall is respectable as part of the MMA Beat although he often talks about the storylines and narratives more. Luke Thomas is the most technical of that bunch by far. I think the Sherdog PBP guys are usually ok?

Wasa-B - 

The only aggression was in the footwork. No actual aggression. I scored first two rounds 10-10. Neither guy won.