Woodley wants back at UFC 213 and wants

http://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/exclusive-interviews/tyron-woodley-targets-july-return-has-two-opponents-in-mind/

Woodley discussed the potential opponents for his next fight and whether or not his next fight will involve defending his welterweight strap.

“An opponent is not really defined. There is some welterweight bouts going on, but man it is a crazy sport right now. I don’t really feel confined to just fighting the number one contender. I am not going to be the only weight class in the UFC that has to stay true to that old rule set. When everyone is showing us that, you know, that the game is really wide open for giving the fans the fights they want to see.”

Taylor asked which opponents, if any, Woodley was eyeing for his next fight.

“You know UFC 205 was a huge pay-per-view event for me. Why would I not try and produce a fight with (Michael) Bisping or Nick or Nate Diaz, Georges St-Pierre and Conor McGregor. Those guys are my first options right now.”

Woodley clarified that he is not worried about “money fights” but instead cementing his legacy as the greatest welterweight of all time. If he gets rich by doing so, that is just an added bonus.

“This is the thing. I am not just going for money fights. A lot of guys are going for money fights. A lot of guys want to fight the best 1 or 2 to prove they are the best in the world. And maybe some guys who aren’t champions are just trying to get the right fights to get to the belt. That is all it is. I am at the belt. I am at a point where I am greedy man. I want the fight that is going to cement me as the legend, the greatest of all time. There is two guys right now, where if I could beat those two guys I am then the greatest welterweight of all time. If I can beat Nick Diaz. If I can beat Georges St-Pierre, then nobody can say I am not the best welterweight fighter to ever step in the octagon. It would make me better than Georges (St-Pierre), better than Matt Hughes. I would be the best of all time. So those two fights just so happen to also be potentially huge pay-per-view fights. So obviously those are my number one options.”

I don't think beating Nick Diaz or Conor will cement him as the best WW of all time. If Maia beats Masvidal and doesn't get the shot it will be a travesty. 

He is the greatest WW of all time.

Whining Woodley

"Woodley clarified that he is not worried about “money fights” but instead cementing his legacy as the greatest welterweight of all time."

And fighting a Nick Diaz who hasn't fought in how many years helps how? And how does fighting Nate and Conor, smaller dudes who aren't even Welter's help?

In for the ug getting all fired up even though what he said is completely reasonable

Woodley is hilarious ??, beat a old GSP and a fighter who hasn't won in years won't make him a goat

He beat the #1 guy (Thompson). Starched the #2 guy. Isn't Condit retired? Then you have Maia and Masvidal. If he beats Maia, we can't say anything about him going for a Money/Legacy fight.

FrontBroRian - In for the ug getting all fired up even though what he said is completely reasonable

Cool story, now tell me another one about how the Diaz brothers, Conor or Bisping cement Woodley as the greater WW and aren't just money grabs.

kingj03 - 

Woodley is hilarious ??, beat a old GSP and a fighter who hasn't won in years won't make him a goat

Yet those were two front runners for the 185 title shot, and one got it. But ya "LOL" at Woodley asking for one for a 170!title shot.

Woodley how about fight the top guys in your division. Like uncle Dana said " Youre not a money fight for anyone."

Steven McTowelie - 
FrontBroRian - In for the ug getting all fired up even though what he said is completely reasonable

Cool story, now tell me another one about how the Diaz brothers, Conor or Bisping cement Woodley as the greater WW and aren't just money grabs.

I'm sure even you can understand they are bigger names, which cement legacy, like Bisping beating Anderson, even the version he beat

Is this an onion article?

FrontBroRian -
Steven McTowelie - 

I'm sure even you can understand they are bigger names, which cement legacy, like Bisping beating Anderson, even the version he beat

I get what your saying but I disagree. If you dropped 40 on Jordan when he played for the wizards does that mean you are one of the greatest for dropping 40 on the goat?

FrontBroRian -
kingj03 - 

Yet those were two front runners for the 185 title shot, and one got it. But ya "LOL" at Woodley asking for one for a 170!title shot.

I'm not loling at him asking for them, just the fact that he thinks beating them makes him the WW goat 

ShutTheFckUpDonny - 
FrontBroRian -
Steven McTowelie - 

I get what your saying but I disagree. If you dropped 40 on Jordan when he played for the wizards does that mean you are one of the greatest for dropping 40 on the goat?

Dude wants to hurry up and fight at 213. That would mean in 12 months he'd fight Robbie, Wonderboy, Wonderboy, and one of the above. 4 fights in a year.

And only on the ug does he get shit for it. Maybe he should be like DC and fight once in 17 months, or refuse everyone like Conor at LW, or hold up the belt like happened at 145.

He's the most active champ by far

he should be calling out GSP...

he matches up nicely I think.

if GSP can double Woodley and control top over and over again lets see it.

I don't think gsp can.

kingj03 - 

GSP is considered old now?

and since when has he not considered the 170 goat?

Fighting a GSP that hasnt fought in years makes him the best ever? I guess if fighter X fights Nogueira, Cro Cop, and Fedor 10 years from now it makes him the best ever too.

Bojack Horseman - 
kingj03 - 

GSP is considered old now?

and since when has he not considered the 170 goat?

Hes 35 now and hasnt fought in nearly 4 years. You really think he is in his prime or anywhere remotely near his peak at this point? Unless hes taking TRT in big doses, hes not.

Beating a legend after their prime is not the same as dethroning them in it. Thats why its laughable when people shit on legends for losses that have zero impact on their legacy. What people care about is how people fared when they were at their best. Everything after their prime is just fun win or lose. No Anderson Silva losses now will tarnish the monster he was, same for Fedor.

FrontBroRian -
ShutTheFckUpDonny - 
FrontBroRian -
Steven McTowelie - 

Dude wants to hurry up and fight at 213. That would mean in 12 months he'd fight Robbie, Wonderboy, Wonderboy, and one of the above. 4 fights in a year.

And only on the ug does he get shit for it. Maybe he should be like DC and fight once in 17 months, or refuse everyone like Conor at LW, or hold up the belt like happened at 145.

He's the most active champ by far

I think what cements you as the best is the quality of opponent not the amount of opponents. I agree he is one of the most active champs. But calling out nick Diaz who hasn't won a fight in years won't cement him as the best. Neither will fighting nate. Maia is the best in that division that is left and if wood puts him away he then has an argument for being the goat ww.