Work being dicks

My holiday request form has just been denied, i had a once in a life time trip to Australia to see a friend, planned 3 weeks in February, but due to the stupid way holidays work here they are saying its impossible to go till july, by which point my friend will be back in England. Ive tried asking for unpaid leave, asked to sign a contract promising i wont leave the company but no luck.

The way holidays work at my place are; you aquire holiday days as you work through the year at a rate of about 4.3 hours a week.

they said i should have planned further in advanced,but my job was not secure until november 1st so it was impossible.

I dont really want to quit because i earn £35k for being a shift electrician which is excellent for the area.

What say you og what would you do? Phone Post 3.0

Start looking for a new job.

Coudl you take less time to go to austrailia?  Maybe 2 weeks or 10 days?

What's more valuable to you, the vacation or the job?

I'd love to go to Australia sometime and maybe watch a rugby game.

Plus it's on my bucket list to fuck a chick from every continent besides Antartica and maybe not Africa.

I would go and sort it out when i got back. Phone Post 3.0

Start looking for a new job

Go to England in July. Phone Post 3.0

lordbreakdown - Go to England in July. Phone Post 3.0
I live in england lol Phone Post 3.0

clattymine -

Start looking for a new job.

Coudl you take less time to go to austrailia?  Maybe 2 weeks or 10 days?

I have started and sinse its a 24-34 hour flight each way 10-14days isnt really enough and i cant even have that much untill june Phone Post 3.0

saddamhugevein -

Fuck em...

Once in a lifetime opportunity You said?

Go with it....

Vu for my new favourite gif Phone Post 3.0

Put in notice. Leave on good terms. Take your trip. Be happy. Phone Post 3.0

Zenoplata - What's more valuable to you, the vacation or the job?

Plus it's on my bucket list to fuck a chick from every continent besides Antartica and maybe not Africa.

Going to the world club challenge was on my to-do list even though im a hull kr fan haha Phone Post 3.0

RASHADsBBCGAVeMeaVAGiNALtear - Put in notice. Leave on good terms. Take your trip. Be happy. Phone Post 3.0
Thing is its a good job, pays about 7k more then the average around here, its very easy, it just has some shit policy's Phone Post 3.0

And also if i do quit i wont have the financial stability to go Phone Post 3.0

Well, if the trip is more important and you think you can find another job quickly then do it, especially if you are young and don't have obligations.

RACIST against antarticans! Phone Post 3.0

MountainMedic -

RACIST against antarticans! Phone Post 3.0
agreed them eskiwhores need the D too Phone Post 3.0

tom_hkr -
lordbreakdown - Go to England in July. Phone Post 3.0
I live in england lol Phone Post 3.0
You live in England and your friend lives in England but you were going to see him in Australia? You basically want to go on vacation with him? Something is worded weird here but I'm not focused enough to see it. Best of luck in any case. Just go. Phone Post 3.0

I have to work thanksgiving, but its triple time, plus since its not a scheduled working day I am getting time and a half, so basically getting paid for 4.5 days of work. Was going to flagstaff for the weekend but now have no choice. Phone Post 3.0

Move to Northern Ontario Canada go underground and make $100,000 a year. Take whatever time you like because you would be in a union.

Well if you wouldn't get a better job than what you've got now and you wouldn't have the money to take the trip without the job I'd say you're stuck. Sucks but you just might have to suck it up and take your vacation when you next can.

How old, btw? Is this a career job for you or just a job for now?

Career - stay
Job - then maybe go Phone Post 3.0