Work Full Time and Train?

How many of you guys work a full time job and train consistently (at least 3 times a week)? Cause I'm having a hard time doin it. Phone Post 3.0

In Phone Post 3.0

I do.

3-5x a week regularly.

I do. I have to make training a priority on my off time, but it keeps me sane and the exercise helps make me more productive when I am at work Phone Post 3.0

58 hour work week and train 4 times a week, sometimes 5 depending on if the local college has their jiu jitsu practice on Friday nights. It's a tough road but it builds character. Phone Post 3.0

I'm a 34-year-old lawyer with a wife and three kids five-years-old and down.

I usually train Monday evenings, Thursday evenings, and Friday during a mid-day open mat.  The academy I train at has classes every night, so if for some reason one of those nights isn't goint to work I can switch to another night pretty easily. 

If I can get in an extra day (so I get 4 per week) I will, but that's pretty rare.  On the other hand, it's rare I don't get in all three days.

It can be done.  But you've got to want to do it, you've got to have your family's support, and you've got to accept that you'll often be tired even before you step on the mat.  It helps that my wife participates in a number of triathlons every year, so we both kind of understand that we've got to be willing to sacrifice a bit for the other to pursue their hobby. 

Three classes a week really isn't that much of an inconvenience to your family, especially if you can do one in the morning or mid-day when you won't be missed. 

I work full time. Teach bjj at a college and training 4-5x a week

Union Rodbuster. Punking and placing rebar in the hot Las Vegas sun 8-10hrs a day and still drag my ass in on a regular. Do you want it or not? Phone Post

Stop going out and having drinks with the work buddies.

SolomonGrundy - How many of you guys work a full time job and train consistently (at least 3 times a week)? Cause I'm having a hard time doin it. Phone Post 3.0

do you have family commitments? most people I know don't have too much issue working full time and training. it's usually wives and kids that stop them

countlphie - 
SolomonGrundy - How many of you guys work a full time job and train consistently (at least 3 times a week)? Cause I'm having a hard time doin it. Phone Post 3.0

do you have family commitments? most people I know don't have too much issue working full time and training. it's usually wives and kids that stop them

^This.

Work hardly seems like an issue.  If I didn't have a wife and kids, I would go every night after work.  Not a big deal at all. 

But I can't just never see my kids because I don't get home until after class every single night.  So I compromise and go three times a week. 

I work 40 hours a week in the dungeon and another 20 hours cleaning the video booths at Ted's Smoke & DVD, and I manage to train plenty.

Man up.

Full time job ( electrician ) crawling in ceilings at hospitals,plus 40 ish minutes commute each way.
Wife,kids,dogs......and I'll be 50 in a few months.
I have asthma,I've had surgery on both my shoulders......I hurt all the time,but I hurt worse when I don't go.
Minimum 3 nights a week,at a very tough school.

Now go train!!! Phone Post 3.0

Sub for inspiration Phone Post 3.0

If you don't have family comittments and are having issues getting to class then there's something wrong.

If it wasn't for the wife and kids I would train at least five days a week.

Currently train 2x a week and try to make it on Sat open mat but can't very often. I love training and make it work.

I work 3rd shift 6 days a week and train mornings 5 days a week and nights 2x a week Phone Post 3.0

Me. Work 40hrs a week and train 3-4 times a week on normal.

countlphie -

Yes, I have a wife and three kids ages 7,5 and 3 Phone Post 3.0

Work fulltime, wife, kids (4 & 9yrs old) train minimum 4 times per week. Every other week i get a 5th session in as well.

I am fortunate that i have control over my work schedule and that allows me to train on my lunch break on monday and thursday afternoons.

I would go everyday if i didnt have two wonderful daughters. I like spending time with them and encouraging them in their extra curricular activities. Phone Post 3.0

I work a 3 on 3 off swing shift & still train a minimum of 4 days a week Phone Post