Working from India again

Yup. Another 2 weeks in lovely Bangalore.

Had a stopover in Mumbai to change planes. Sitting in the "business lounge" I saw a rat run in and out of the refrigerator where the drinks were.

I told one of the workers. He came by and sprinkled rat poison in the bottom of the fridge.

Nailed it!!!

Good times.

What work are you doing?

OUTCOLD - What work are you doing?
Imodium tester. Phone Post 3.0

Come to Hyderabad for og meatup Phone Post 3.0

OUTCOLD - What work are you doing?

teaching the call centre the proper pronunciation of microsoft, computer, and virus.

vincan469 -

teaching the call centre the proper pronunciation of microsoft, computer, and virus.
Good luck with all that.

Mark Phone Post 3.0

vincan469 - 

Good luck with that!

Spent some time in Delhi earlier this year... Hated it

How's Bangalore? Phone Post 3.0

I will be in bangalore in two weeks. First time to India. What can I expect? Phone Post 3.0

^ great customer service! Phone Post 3.0

Rhymenoceros - I'm in India at the moment. We're basing the trip out of Bangalore (my wife's parents live there ~5 months per year), and I've spent a week or so in Bangalore so far.

As far as dirtiness, it's just like the rest of India - it's fucking dirty.

The traffic is like a damn six flags ride.

Don't eat any fruit you didn't cut up yourself, don't drink the water, and don't eat anything that hasn't been thoroughly cooked. Those are just good rules for all of India.

Otherwise, Bangalore isn't even as remotely hot as the rest of the country. It's actually quite pleasant. There are nice neighborhoods and the people are very nice.

But for an American, the traffic and general dirtiness is fucking shocking.

What he said.

A caveat about the mild weather - it's the "rainy" season here now, so things are cooler than normal. "Normal" is really fucking hot.

As most have already guessed I am:

- Working in the support industry

AND

- Immodium tester

Desifighter - Come to Hyderabad for og meatup Phone Post 3.0

Actually heading there next time (in 5 months or so) to meet with one of our vendors.

Maybe we'll do an OG bowel-movement party...

billyball2 -
Desifighter - Come to Hyderabad for og meatup Phone Post 3.0

Actually heading there next time (in 5 months or so) to meet with one of our vendors.

Maybe we'll do an OG bowel-movement party...
We should do it on the Indian style toilet squatting down and stuff. Win. Phone Post 3.0

Rhymenoceros - Oh, you have to go to some legit places for South Indian food. Fucking idli, sambar, and dosa, man. Goddamn that shit is good.
Wait till you've had deep fried mysore bonda with coconut chutney. Phone Post 3.0

How I'm picturing OP right now.

Phone Post 3.0

I dun goofed. Blue, please.

i.imgur.com/9ofz5lI.png Phone Post 3.0

1) Stay with family or TOP hotels
2) ALWAYS boil water. Always.
3) Avoid street food like the plague
4) If caught outside in near of liquid replenishment, ONLY drink soda in bottles.
5) Buy one of those water filters from a camping store (portable) that kills both bacteria AND viruses in water.(some are only good for bacteria) OR water capsules that kill bacteria AND viruses.
6) Bring a compactable "cup" with you, as well as plastic utensils. I saw someone once that had a foldable plastic plate but that is excessive.
7) Don't go without malaria shots
8) If the place you go to doesn't have mosquito netting for beds - buy some.
9) Wear cool LONG sleeve cotton pant and shirts (and wear undershirts) for sun management - don't be a douche tourist in shorts)

10) Be careful of scooter/taxi drivers. Some are 100% honest, some will try to take you long way, some are criminals.

11) At outdorr markets, bazars, shhops ALWAYS BARTER, it is expected and be willing to walk away from anything.

12) Ignore all of this, eat what you want, where you want, drink local water, get sick for first 2 weeks and then enjoy trip!!

Just back from a honey moon in India.
Good luck OP, remember to pray every morning for whatever God you believe in to survive India Phone Post 3.0

albertiavarone - I will be in bangalore in two weeks. First time to India. What can I expect? Phone Post 3.0

People shitting in and drinking from the river.