Working in attic with insulation and no mask.

How stupid is this? Or is it not all that big of a deal? 

I don't wear a mask doing insulation, never have.

I'm not condoning otherwise.

I'm also a smoker so I'm pretty stupid.

Good luck brother.

Bad idea. Get a respirator or enjoy fucking up your lungs potentially permanently

1 Like

I do it all the time but I’m also an idiot. 

Or pick up smoking and grow a set similar to GneErick. You have to acquire a taste for Grain Belt as well I would guess

kkmmnn - 

Or pick up smoking and grow a set similar to GneErick. You have to acquire a taste for Grain Belt as well I would guess

You calling me a Gne?, How dare you!!

Not a big deal.  

GenErick -
kkmmnn - 

You calling me a Gne?, How dare you!!

My bad brother

kkmmnn -

Just quit smoking weed and tobacco on the 4th. I smoked backwoods cigars like they were cigarettes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UIJ7EtrNlE

Fuck that. I've had some really bad experiences with old school insulation that fucked me up. If I have to work on it now, I'm going full PPE.

1 Like

WikiTheWalrus - 

Fuck that. I've had some really bad experiences with old school insulation that fucked me up. If I have to work on it now, I'm going full PPE.

My buddy has to do the same

Last year we ripped the roof off of a house to add a second story

As we cleaned out the insulation and debris, he started to cough and started to get welts all over his body.

Most of us were having no issues.

Im an insulator in an oil refinery and I work with all kinds of materials. Do yourself a favor and wear something as simple as a dust mask if you’re handling any material. 

1 Like

Depends on the insulation. Is it the green insulation with less fiberglass or the old yellow shit that will make you itch for several days?

Like previous post above. Depends on the insulation. Vermiculite may contain asbestos. 

Insulation will FUCK UP YOUR WORLD bro. No lie. Better to use a mask whenever possible, for reals.

1 Like

stanky leg - 

You can achieve total immunity by eating sandwiches made with insulation for 7 straight days. Load up with condiments and it's not too bad. Or be a fag and wear a mask.

Also this, but not really. Wear a mask.

Floppy Divac - 
kkmmnn -

Just quit smoking weed and tobacco on the 4th. I smoked backwoods cigars like they were cigarettes.

The fuck is wrong with you??

Make sure the attic fan is working when you're dong the insulation. If it's not bring a box fan with you.

And wear a goddam mask.

At this point your lings probably look like a bowl of roofing tar, but if you actually stop smoking and wear masks when you're working in areas with harmful particulates, they can actually recover.

GenErick -
WikiTheWalrus - 

My buddy has to do the same

Last year we ripped the roof off of a house to add a second story

As we cleaned out the insulation and debris, he started to cough and started to get welts all over his body.

Most of us were having no issues.

That's pretty much what happens to me. My eyes get itchy too.

When I was a kid I helped tear out some insulation and didn't know anything about it. I ended up getting it in my eyes and lungs and it really fucked me up. I didn't touch the stuff again until I owned my first house. Now I suit up like it's the day after WWIII.

Meh. I'm just gonna tell this guy to suck a dick and not go back on Friday. Between that and being 18 feet up on wobbly scaffolding with no guard rails I'm over it. I can probably make more jerking off on a webcam.