Working jailbreak with cydia for iOS 8 tomorrow

Phone Post 3.0

Just over a month since iOS 8 came out. This pangu team isn't fucking around. Phone Post 3.0

I am currently on 6.1 JB on all my devices.
If this looks good tomorrow, I might try it on one of them.
I'm just not sure what steps I will need to do.
I know I can't update a JB to a non-JB version, so I have to somehow get rid of the JB while on 6.1, then do a normal upgrade to the current 8 version, then do the 8 JB.
I'm not sure if a "Reset All Settings" will do it, or if I have to download something on my PC and re flash my iOS device.
If anyone knows how to undo the current JB in order to get to 8, let me know. Phone Post 3.0

You just use iTunes to restore your device to factory. Then you re-jailbreak it.

I'm pretty sure I've always went from jailbroken to not without any issues, then installed the latest jailbreak. In fact I'm positive I did that from iOS 6 to iOS 7.1 Phone Post 3.0

Blueyevil -

You just use iTunes to restore your device to factory. Then you re-jailbreak it.

Yeah this Phone Post 3.0

Blueyevil -

I assume this will wipe out all my data/apps/etc?
That is going to suck huge balls!
My 64GB has less than 3GB free. Phone Post 3.0

BKViper -
Blueyevil -

Backup your device before doing anything. Also fucking delete something man holy fuck. Then I would restore from that backup once just to ensure it didn't randomly get corrupted. Happened to me before and I lost some shit. Then update to iOS 8, and restore from backup. All your shit will be back, then you can jailbreak. Your phone will have everything it had before plus cydia. Phone Post 3.0

You guys realize these people are stealing your data right? You think they do this out of the goodness of their heart? Phone Post 3.0

BKViper - 
Blueyevil -

I think you can also do restore in iTunes to get rid of the JB and that will put back whatever iTunes has synced for you. I am sure you will lose a lot, but music, pictures, videos and paid apps will for sure not be lost as long as you have it all stored in iTunes.

jackbone - You guys realize these people are stealing your data right? You think they do this out of the goodness of their heart? Phone Post 3.0
Sigh Phone Post 3.0

jackbone - You guys realize these people are stealing your data right? You think they do this out of the goodness of their heart? Phone Post 3.0

sauce?

mixedmartialfarts -
jackbone - You guys realize these people are stealing your data right? You think they do this out of the goodness of their heart? Phone Post 3.0

sauce?

None. He doesn't know what he's talking about Phone Post 3.0

Phone Post 3.0

Ttt
http://www.iphonehacks.com/2014/10/pangu-app-cydia-ios-8-1-jailbreak.html Phone Post 3.0

Hows it working Xavier? Thinking of doing it today

It's working good, although all the tweaks aren't compatible with iOS 8 yet. I jailbroke and manually installed Cydia last week and it caused issues with safari, iMessages and I got stuck in a boot loop so I restored. But this version is perfect, no glitches to speak of. I have a few tweaks installed and they're good to go. I say go ahead and do it Phone Post 3.0

Ttt Phone Post 3.0

I'm going to do this soon.
Can someone clarify steps 4.5. below?
Do you restore before or after JB?

1.) Full backup in iTunes
2.) Restore device to factory in iTunes
3.) Upgrade device to 8.1
4.5.) Jailbreak with Pangu / Restore backup Phone Post 3.0

Restore from your backup before you jailbreak. Phone Post 3.0